View Single Post
Old 29-08-08, 06:24 PM   #1
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Default Best Ride since my Test

Well I have just had an absolute blast this evening. I went to get some new tyres (continental road attacks) fitted at 3 this afternoon and at 4 I got back on the bike with some fresh feet. I got new ones as my bike still had the original Mez4s on and had been squared off by the previous owner.

What a difference!!!

The square Mez4's were resistant when entering corners slow and fast. Once over the ridge the bike would suddenly drop which unsettled the bike and me. They were slippy in the wet. At no point did they give me confidence that they would take me through any corner.

I kinda made me feel a bit crap as I was doing really well on my lessons and then once I get my bike I am crap again.

However as soon as I left Midlands Superbike centre the difference was night and day. The bike wanted to turn and so so grippy. Was cornering so much faster than the ride there and felt infinately more confident.
Felt great to lean it further and further over and still feel comfortable about it. It felt exactly like it should have done when I first picked up the bike.

I used to read stories on here bout people having a blast on ride outs and I honestly felt if I went on one people would wonder why I was cornering slow and generally holding everyone up. But now I feel like I can start honing my skills by riding with other people.

Sorry if this is a bit of a ****e story but I now feel 100times happier about riding my bike. When people asked me if I was enjoying it I said yes but really I was having a hard time understanding how my skill had dropped since my lesson but now I can honestly say I cant wait to get back out 2moro and on Sunday go to the Revolutions Ride Out.

Cheers to Pete and Lissa for suggesting new tyres and Hovis for recommending Continental Road Attacks they are sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

End of inane ramblings of a stupidly happy man.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote