View Single Post
Old 15-08-09, 08:22 AM   #67
RichT

Default Re: Thank you from the AR09 Dogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntygiggles View Post
If Rich likes large breed dogs, would he consider a Rottweiler. What most people forget about Rotties is that they are actually herding dogs. They were bred to herd and protect, so are like big bully collies....lol.

They are easily trained with a strict handler, are incredibly loyal and yet big and strong enough to satisfy even the giant dog lovers.
I grew up with dogs inc. 2 Samoyeds (not at the same time) and a Border Collie x Boxer. Grandparents and relatives had dogs also.

I'm a firm believer that most things are in the training, attention and handling of any breed and knowing breed tendancies is a must, but working with the animal can sort out most "issues"...

I don't mind Rottie's at all - we met a really "nice but dim" lad called Brodie not so long ago. He was at the local rescue centre. Very calm dog and within 2 minutes he would sit, laydown etc for both of us. So he was very obedient. Reason given for admittence - change in circumstances. So I think he would have been perfect, although I'm not sure MrsT could handle him on her own. We'd have to spend some time with him, walk him etc to see.

Last edited by RichT; 15-08-09 at 08:35 AM.