View Single Post
Old 17-02-12, 09:15 AM   #10
Owenski

Default Re: seriously someone offer me a decent job

carpe diem, dude.

No ones gonna give you jack, if you want it then you gotta fight for it.
Working x hours a day then sulking or sleeping for the remainder of it is doing you feck all by ways of making moves in the right direction. If sitting in a security cabin isnt occupying your brain then I cant imagine its occupying much of your time either, take in a list of phone numbers linked with oportunities and make some god'am phone calls.
Pick a job you'd actually like, and I dont mean thinking small either. If you think you'd make a great cook then get the phone number for a large chain and get calling. Call a few times find out who the cheese is, google rape their ass and get HQ contact details. Eventually call and ask for the top dog direct, explain you're not just seeking a job you're after the career which is right for you. Explain you've worked long and hard in jobs you couldnt give 2 ****s about, so if he was willing to give you a shot at something you DID want then you'd be the most commited and motivated member of his team. Offer to do 28days pro-bono to prove your serious about grabbing the oportunity by the hands. You'll get feck all the first few times of calling you'll need to call a few times, even go down in person and sit on his door sil until he's willing to sit you down. Basically bully them into giving you those 28days... then its all down to you.
Have some fecking nuts and think outside the fecking box big man.

Oh and FFS scrub and suit up before heading down in person, a 6ft6 stubbly feller in steel toe caps isnt going to make the right impression on anyone who lives behind a desk.