View Single Post
Old 13-12-12, 02:30 PM   #1
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Default Handmade pens, turned bowls and pots for sale.

As some may have noticed, I bought a lathe in the summer. Since then, I've been making pens, pots and bowls which I've been selling at work and craft fairs around the area. They seem to go down well, especially at the prices I'm selling at! I've been accused by another pen maker of "underselling" but as he charges anything up to £250 for a pen, I'm going to ignore him completely.

I have a few pens and pots left from the last fair I went to, as well as some Christmas baubles I've made with the help of a local glassblower.

The pens range from £20 for a rollerball, through £25 for a fountain pen and up to £35 for one of the larger desk pens. I can make any pen in just about any colour acrylic or type of wood you can imagine, including a new type of material which is a mix of burr wood and acrylic which gives an amazing (all be it slightly more expensive) finish!

Here's a few photo's of what I have in at the moment. Please feel free to PM me if you want to discuss a piece or prices. The pens do make excellent Christmas presents, I should be able to get them to you in time.

These are fountain pens with German Rhodium nibs in acrylic.

Panache desk pens. These stand up and are made of Thuya burr with Gold fittings.

Rollerball pens with lids in acrylic.

Same kit as above in Beef Wood.

Fountain pens in Thuya Burr (dark) and Irish Field Maple with a cynoacrylate finish.

The same fountain pen but with a special wood. It's taken from a Glenfiddich cask and in use, the heat from your hand releases the smell of the whiskey!

These are the big boys! Desk pens. The lid unscrews and isn't fitted to the back of the pen in use. They have a great weight in the hand and are very smooth. This one is a rollerball in Glenfiddich oak.

And these two are in crushed ice acrylic fountains.

I can also make twist action rollerballs, this one is made with Australian Eucalyptus burr.

A few rollerballs.

And by far my best effort, a Sterling silver pen with Walnut burr and acrylic barrels. These are a bit more pricey, but very, very good value for money comapred to many other makers.

I'll put some photos of some bowls and pots in a bit. I think the puppy is killing something in the kitchen!

PM me for any info about this stuff

Pete
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote