View Single Post
Old 21-01-13, 10:03 PM   #9
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Default Re: Repairing lime plaster...anyone in the know?

Aye, right script, wrong page!

It's a Victorian house with no cavity walls. The walls will naturally hold moisture, it's what they're designed to do. In the summer, this moisture should work it's way out. The problems start when people start coating the outside in cement based, unbreathable renders. If there are any cracks or other damage to the external render, water can get in but can't get out. This means it migrates to the inside of the house.

There are a few moisture (not quite damp) problems in the house due to the poor quality and upkeep of the external pebble dashing so I'm just trying to sympathetically upgrade my house. This has become more difficult due to some internal walls being repaired with a very strong mix of cement render/plaster meaning any traditional/sympathetic work I do will not cover all the walls as I don't think I can safely remove this cement.

Hope that clears that up?!

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote