View Single Post
Old 31-05-16, 07:57 PM   #25
pookie

Default Re: OTaL: Picture Thread

Hand over.. Jolly nice day out! Great meeting you Sir Trev!

Fantastic detail from our local artists.. The wall art can only be seen from the river as it is on the other side of the river defense wall. As you drive over the qe2 bridge looking to the left you can see the start of the gallery

Apparently this is the tallest pylon in europe. They come as a pair with the other one on this side of the river. In the distance are the Tilbury docks.
The water is tidal and there are some tasty fish in there

Normally you take it for granted driving over it but there is a weird kind of awe standing underneath it. Not quite the Millau bridge but still a feat of engineering.
We paid it off years ago with the toll money and were promised it would be free thereafter..unfortunately our governments have other plans and continue to charge ( unless you are a cyclist or a motorcyclist.)

I remember quite clearly how I felt when I first saw this in 4 weddings and funeral and yes this is the church from the funeral ( St Clements church) . The mothership is Proctor & Gamble who maintain the church. The interesting note is the stonework outside is etched with dates and names of workers in years gone by.

Bonus Picture - This was the last piece in the gallery as I rode home. A half mile wall of ever changing artwork.
Now - 2010 Triton blue sv650s -Back to the future

Last edited by pookie; 31-05-16 at 08:01 PM.
pookie is offline   Reply With Quote