View Single Post
Old 19-02-20, 07:32 AM   #25
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Default Re: Thoughts on the GS ?

One thing I really liked was the electronic suspension modes. Being able to change from standard to "dynamic" on the fly and firm things up is amazing. You can have super plush (maybe slightly bouncy) suspension for normal (*terrible UK*) roads and then when you hit a decent patch or want to press on put it in dynamic and it feels solid. Same for the throttle. I think the "slow" feeling on the throttle I experienced was the regular mode compared to the immediate grab of the GSXR / Street Triple that I've got used to recently. The dealer wouldn't let me put it in dynamic to ride away and insisted I needed to get used to it as "dynamic throttle mode is aggressive". I switched it pretty quickly once I'd set off and found it much better. So, you get a choice of reponse and suspension feel at the press of a button, which is great. It's the only bike I've tried where the modes actually seem useful. All others I think you just need the "mode" of knowing the throttle and using it accordingly for the conditions.

I realise I sound like I'm slowly trying to talk myself into owning one and I probably would if money allowed and the worries of horror stories were put aside. They are a very very popular well selling bike though, so there are bound to be a lot of people with problems who are vocal about them on the internet.

I think it was mentioned earlier in this thread that with the extra cost of them I think people expect them to never have reliablility issues. Something goes wrong on a 7k adventure bike and you kind of feel it's not great but you know it was 7k. A bike you've paid 12k for has issues and you feel very differently about it. In reality it's all a substantial amount of money for whatever bike you get.

Last edited by Adam Ef; 19-02-20 at 07:38 AM.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote