View Single Post
Old 03-03-20, 08:11 PM   #10
DJ123
Mega Poster

Default Re: Jeff Bezos (Amazon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
If services (and roads) were improved because of me paying more tax; I would pay more. Would I want to manipulate the system, legal or not, to pay less; no.

Legal: yes. Ethical: no.

The amount of tax I could avoid or all of us could avoid is trivial and would make little difference. The tax that Amazon and the rest avoid would make a difference.

This thread, though, was simply to show the scale of 1 man's assets. Visualising a billion is difficult, the link shows the staggering size.
unfortunately our tax system (& others) aren't based on ethics. I by no means agree with any large corporation not as much paying tax as they should. But I was pointing out that there are multiple avenues they can use to avoid it.

There was a case for an investment arm of HSBC that just settled a 300M Euro fine for a tax fraud case in Belgium - if the Banks are avoiding it, who else is?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3nny View Post
And if you can bribe politicians to allow more loopholes that benefit you who already has more money than you could ever spend at the expense of millions who are struggling every day to make ends meet then great
Unfortunately so, or even whole countries.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote