View Single Post
Old 19-12-20, 09:13 PM   #8920
DJ123
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
Yep, I do do that. Currently more concerned about the shoddy practice Adam's alerted me to. The answer to my earlier question; apparently it affects me if the other insurer appeals the value of the services. For example should they have given me an SUV style thing instead of a smaller hatchback, they said it's all they had but I am not convinced and it's my responsibility. Also the fact they lied to me (not that I signed the paper work with a valid signature) - I've emailed telling them to take it back Monday. I'll go get a Focus hatch back or something from Enterprise Monday. CAB says you should ask them if I'm liable for the higher charges in the case of appeal or losing the claim and if they say I am, return it - to be honest I'm not comfortable with the fees even if the insurers paying it. You'll never guess the rate (unless you've seen this scam in the news).
Exactly. May be worth speaking to the insurance company about what an acceptable rate is and getting your own hire car, and then submitting the invoice for it once returned.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote