View Single Post
Old 28-05-21, 10:49 AM   #9668
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
Buying a laptop battery week 5

It must be me. I assumed that when I placed an order for a battery for a Lenovo 330S-15ARR, that is what I'd get. Well, I got a battery that is the right shape and it fits but when I start researching it's actually for a Lenovo Yoga xxx. It's the wrong voltage and double the power (which would have been nice). On further investigation, Lenovo don't list any upgraded batteries for the 330S. If I can find this out why can't the seller?
They've now offered to send me another battery (of the same type they previously sent) and I can keep the first one (instead of an RMA, I assume). I suppose if this continues long enough I'll be able to start selling them myself. I pointed out the futility of this and that I'd need a direct replacement not one the right shape. I suspect a refund will not be forthcoming, Chinese companies don't seem to like refunds in my experience.
Watch this space...

It might be easier to buy a new laptop.
Still going...the laptop battery story, still on week 5.

I explained all the above to them and gave them the part number on my original battery and received an email saying: "We're sorry you ordered the wrong battery".

This annoyed me, so I went back to their website, put in my laptop's details and it, again, showed me the battery they'd originally sent, ie the wrong one.
I took a screen grab and forwarded it on to them. They didn't comment but are sending me the proper battery. Should arrive about 8 weeks after I first ordered it.

Meanwhile, I ordered a new laptop today (not a Lenovo). I'll donate the Lenovo to a school (with new battery).