View Single Post
Old 24-03-22, 12:45 PM   #2626
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: What have you tinkered with today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssEllTwo View Post
Today I stuck the stock spacers back in my forks after fitting KTechs yesterday. Didn't need to make up a longer spacer after all.
measure the length of the original springs then measure the length of the new springs then add/cut the difference for spacers. if you have the correct lb/kg rate for your weight then your sag measurements should be within spec and will only require a few turns here and there on the adjusters.

if the new springs dont fall into the correct bike sag measurement then you have been given the wrong lb/kg springs. its that simple.....

BTW believe me or not... but there should be no need to check rider sag as you cant alter it without altering the bike sag. adjusting one will adjust the other. its best to adjust for bike sag only. checking the rider sag is only to make sure that you have the correct rate springs.

springs are only there to support the weight of bike and rider its the dampening that makes the difference and with the SV its rebound that you want to concentrate on as the compression is pretty good.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote