View Single Post
Old 13-06-22, 03:34 PM   #10702
DJ123
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

BMW Vines Motorrad, Guildford.

I booked in to get a BikeTrac tracker fitted 2 weeks ago.

I paid for the tracker online - which includes fitting & 1 year subscription. It was sent to them directly (approved fitter on the website) & i called them directly to get it booked in for this service. I am told to arrive between 8-10 as they need the bike all day (even though it's <2 hours to install).

I arrive at 8am on the dot (which involved me getting up at 6.30, to load Bike on to the trailer, and sit in rush hour traffic). I speak to someone to book it in and the conversation goes something like;
Me; Hi, i'm here to drop off my bike to get a BikeTrac tracker fitted
Them; Oh, we'll fit a tracker but it'll be the BMW/Scorpion one
Me; no, i have paid for a BikeTrac one which has been delivered here last week - as per the notes/advise i gave when booking it in
Them; oh, let me go check - subsequently finds it and says there was no reference it was for me/this booking. Despite the package having my name on it and the reference number on a packing slip
Me; ok, so i get a call when its done.
Them; yes, then you'll need to pay the labour. Shouldn't be more than 2 hours.
Me; No. i've paid for installation as part of the package.
Them; i'm not sure how this works - but we'll call you later.

I get home and call BikeTrac to enlighten them about the incompetent service received, and they advised the dealer called them to ask how this all works regarding the tracker, installation & how they get paid. They advised them fairly bluntly how it works (and they should know being an approved installer - for which you need to apply for).

Get a call at 4pm (me thinking it was ready). Nope. Only just gone into the workshop.......and won't be ready today.

It's a dealer i've not used for years, because they were terrible before. Seems like that's not changed and i'll not be taking my services back there. And subsequently didn't order the parts i wanted for the Bike too - i'll get those from my regular dealer who understands customer service.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote