View Single Post
Old 13-06-22, 04:58 PM   #10704
DJ123
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
I enquired about a bike that Vines had a while back and they then didn't leave me alone for months afterwards. Very aggressive sales techniques and the guy I spoke to just wanted to tell me that they are in competition with Marshall to be the top quantity BMW seller in the country. Sounds like it's quantity not quality with them.

I had a bad feeling when I spoke to them. Gave off a very aggressive vibe.

+ If you're fitting a tracker on a BMW then make sure you keep it on a battery tender. They are notorious for losing batteries to trackers even within a couple of weeks.
Yup. They're not my choice by any means.

The tracker i've gone for has an independent battery good for a while on its own. It will slightly draw from the main battery but only slightly -and it also updates on low battery warnings too (which i can set the parameter to.

"BikeTrac draws power from its own internal battery when the bike’s off, and when that drops by about 15% (the company says this can be as long as two weeks), we’re told it will draw just 4-8mA from your bike for only around 15 minutes."

Thankfully i ride my Bike at least once a week so it should be all ok from that perspective.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote