View Single Post
Old 08-08-22, 06:54 AM   #10759
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Gripe or smile, not sure - NatWest again.- The old way: If I wanted to txfer money to a new person, I needed the banks card reader (looks like a simple calculator if you haven't got one). I had to insert my debit card, put in my pin, enter the code from the on-line banking website, press enter which produced a new code which I then had to enter back on the website.

The new way: Enter biometrics (which I did not have to sign up for, to be fair). Setting up biometric facial scan - picture too dark, try more light, move left, move right, don't move, move up, hold still, more light, centre face, try another room (this doesn't happen in the movies). Finally get an acceptable picture after 5 minutes of trying.

To transfer money: I now have to return to the room that the phone's camera and bank were both happy with (like a salmon retuning to spawing grounds), centre my face on the screen, keep still and blink. It worked but I feel like an idiot that has had an April fool prank played upon them.

Maybe we should just stick to the sliding doors from Star Trek and forget the rest.