View Single Post
Old 12-12-23, 08:18 AM   #3832
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Default Re: The All New Megathread

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
The pest expert told me to use something metal related to block holes as rats and mice don't like chewing it. Probably true for squirrels too. I used tightly packed wire wool or mesh depending on the hole size.

Sent from my moto g(50) using Tapatalk
This. We had a rat problem and the pest guy told us to block any holes in building fabric with balled up chicken wire mesh until properly repaired. *******s were getting in the cavity wall though a missing brick next door, that had been removed by some plumbers.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig380 View Post
(Yes, I know they're an invasive species and shouldn't be released into the wild etc, but there are no red squirrels around here to be displaced, the greys already did that decades ago, and I didn't have an easy means of killing them)
Not "shouldn't" but "must not"..... It is illegal to release a grey into the wild as it is decimating the Red Squirrels by out competing for food and infecting them with squirrel pox. Grey squirrels are also causing damage to woodlands as they have a habit of stripping the bark of trees.

The greys must be eradicated to protect the dwindling Red squirrel population. Your four prisoners should have been despatched humanely rather than released.

https://www.wildlifeonline.me.uk/que...ural%20England.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote