Thread: running on one
View Single Post
Old 02-03-24, 02:46 PM   #32
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Default Re: running on one

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtrummy View Post
Progress made! A 5inch set of mole grips undid the two screws opposite each other, the third was removed by tapping the float bowl until the seal gave, then the screwdriver undid it.
You were crack on with the diagnoses R1FF (I hope) the float was stuck in the up position, on touching it, it dropped. Checking the needle its internal spring seemed weak compered to the new one. All changed plus a going over with carb cleaner and a blast out with compressed air. Carbs back together with vacuum hose extended on the front carb ready for balancing if the bike runs ok after carb refitted
Once again thank you R1FF
Great news

I've been servicing CV carbs for around 20 years now 1st on my old Hondas and now my SV. Icing on the cake when all good is the ,"Carb Balance",

http://straticus.epizy.com/SV650CarbBalance.html?i=1

I suffer from Industrial VWF ( Vibration White Finger) plus a damaged right shoulder/neck that took best part of 3 years Physio and Cortisone injections to get back to useful so I have to keep my SV smooth.

Considering my SV is now 25 years old it rides as smooth as if it was only a few years out of the Show-Room and always gives great MPG