View Single Post
Old 02-01-23, 09:28 PM   #8229
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Hope you all had a good Christmas and new year. Finally got my pics back from Snaps in Bournemouth, a 120 roll of FP4 from the Seagull 4A, and a roll of Poundland Agfa from my Contessa LKE which I took to Spain with me. Bit of a disaster all over really.

The FP4 has spots all over it to varying degrees. They don't seem to correlate to anything, but might be a problem Ilford were having with their backing paper at one point. Waiting for an email back from Snaps then will contact Ilford. OK pics, lens can be sharp.

Some of my holiday pics are OK, mainly the landscapes, but anything else is pretty blurry and often the focus is miles off. Anything indoors is focussed really long. I'll need to check it out, last time it was fine, but no idea what's going on there. I struggled to see the RF patch indoors, but the focal distances are miles away from what they should have been.

Had hoped to get the top off the SRT to adjust the focus screen but the winder won't budge, and the rewind was very tight indeed. Will check the meter out again (PX625 type) to figure out what to set it for, and finally put a film in it.

Last edited by johnnyrod; 02-01-23 at 09:29 PM.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote