View Single Post
Old 16-01-22, 09:00 PM   #13
Ruffy

Default Re: Destroy the BBC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
... The BBC is one of the best examples of the UK's "soft power" which Global Britain desperately needs. It is respected worldwide for its news and its programs. We are currently breaking our own negotiated treaties with the EU and threatening to break more - we are becoming untrustworthy as a nation and are running out of feet to shoot. Take away the UK's "face" to the world, the BBC, and what do we have left to show?
This is Conservative Party vengeance on the BBC and nothing more. They weren't happy with the 2019 election coverage and they are not happy with the focus on Boris' parties (and the subsequent coverage of calls for his resignation).
I agree about the historical high eputation (that is definitely very much at risk, if not already somewhat sullied).

Ironically there are many who think that the presentation of actions by current Government that could be interpreted as abuses of power are being woefully under reported on the BBC and that the messages being put out are very much toe-ing the line rather than being unbiased as they're supposed to be. That would make it strange for the Conservatives to think it was their 'enemy' (though of course one can see why the examples you cite would induce angst, annoyance or anger amongst them).
Ruffy is offline   Reply With Quote