View Single Post
Old 03-12-09, 12:23 PM   #471
Berlin

Default Re: Mallory Park - 28th November

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
Would be interested to hear what binky/berlin. pink & white/wester etc. do about getting past people on the narrow bends. When there was a crowd it just didn't feel safe, if I knew the person infront was slow enough to get round safely I'd do it, but what do you do otherwise?
Its usually trackday etiquet to overtake on the exit of the corner and not on the entrance. No diving up the inside. Its not a race.

If you happen to be behind someone that is on a faster bike that is holding you up on the corners and you can't get past him on the exit, cruise for half a lap to put yourself ina different position rather than going for a "do or die" on the brakes.

I got black flagged at Knockhill for being forced to cut under someone (with lots of room mind you) due to someone coming past me on the brakes at about 30mph faster than me on the line I wanted to take. This forced me back onto a line directly behind the guy I was going to go past on the brakes. My actions affected the rider in front as I passed him but it was better than running into the back of him. I deserved the black flag but was forced by someone else into that position. Your actions may affect several others in a ripple effect.

I was cut up at least a dozen times that would have lead to an instant black flag at Knockhill and no one at Mallory batted an eye.

All in all, the mallory day is the shoddiest Track day I've done. Why they let over 6 people fall off in the same place before checking and cleaning the track is beyond me. They should have checked after two as they do in racing.

Was anyone black flagged at all on the day?

C