View Single Post
Old 20-08-08, 04:31 PM   #1
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Talking Massacre Memories

So back to work and back to reality today, although I spent half the day staring into space with a grin on my face as I remembered little bits from the weekend. I'm not talking about the fabulous roads, or the great people, those go without saying. I'm talking about those little snippets in time that make you grin that bit wider.

Here are mine.

The German tourist at the hydro station who, on hearing that we'd done 400 miles on the Duke the day before, made a great show of looking to see how well padded Pete's bum was! Who says the Germans have no sense of humour!

The wigwam Waltons routine

Mike's grin as he described his ride to catch us after he'd marked the junction at Crianlarich

The Sunday rideout-ers all giggling as we returned the 'finger' to Quiff

Speedy Claire's bull, and the ensuing conversation which is NOT U rated

Northy on the Duke's Pass pretending to be some strange, dayglo-orange tree

Ralph on the Sunday morning explaining that he was far too p*ssed to explain why he was far too p*ssed to lead the ride.

Pete saying quietly to me at a set of traffic lights, 'Watch this'! Then him hitting Fizz's kill switch as the lights changed and scooting off up the road laughing his head off

The group of Italian tourists who came out of the visitor centre at Urquart castle as we were parked outside. Them taking pics of the Duke............and then their expressions and hand gestures when they saw Yorkie Chris's bike. One poor chap was so overcome all he could say was 'WOW!'

Yorkie Chris's expression when he finally spotted the clean (well, ok, cleaner) bits on his bike

So those are some of mine. What are yours?

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes

Last edited by Lissa; 20-08-08 at 04:44 PM.
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote