View Single Post
Old 12-04-24, 08:00 AM   #4059
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: The All New Megathread

Morning all. Bit grey here but the forecast is for dry weather thankfully. I have someone's lawn to mow for them so I might give them a call before I go over there, and get them to tell my if the grass is dry enough.

Been stupidly busy here for the last couple of days. A day spent sorting and setting up a new PC for someone on Wednesday, a meeting in Newtown followed by a very muddy social run with a bunch of canicross runners yesterday, lawn cutting for someone this morning, followed by reassembling part of someone else's 1930s Singer sewing machine today, and then working at a repair café tomorrow. Bloody hell, this retirement lark is busy!

I'm going on strike next week. Jan and I are getting on the bike and going up to Betws-y-Coed to look in the Alpkit shop, and have a few hours riding some nice roads. Perhaps I'll post the ride up in the Border Patrol if anyone wants to come along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
I had a barium swallow test at Stoke Mandeville Hospital this afternoon. It confirmed my GP's diagnosis of acid reflux with nothing else nasty or lurking to be seen. There were lots of posters around the X-ray reception depicting benefactors and pioneer surgeons, but not surprisingly, not a single mention of Jimmy Saville...
Glad to hear it's nothing more serious Trevor. Hope the meds settle the reflux down quickly.

Last edited by garynortheast; 12-04-24 at 08:05 AM.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote