Thread: Ireland 2020
View Single Post
Old 01-07-19, 05:39 PM   #7
DJ123
Mega Poster

Default Re: Ireland 2020

I rarely book a campsite on this sort of trip, mainly because i don't know where i will stop. i might make more/less time than planned and don't want to either chase to the stop due to time constraint or get there too early and kill time. It gives you the freedom to explore where you want to go, and stop when ever you feel like it.
Most campsites will always have space for a bike & a tent for a night, as it takes up no room!
You'll be surprised how much you can ride in a day and still enjoy the scenery. My motto is get up and go; leave early and you can pace the day out. Be somewhere by 4-5pm to set up camp, then you have the evening to rest for 12 hours till the next day.

with the routes above, IMO, you're staying too far out. So every day there's a slog to/from your destination. So that bit will not be enjoyable after day 2. With those routes you could easily interlink them and cover it in 3 days quite easily whilst still enjoying the roads. Add on a day (or 1/2 a day) at each end to get there/back and its no more than 4/5 days.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote