View Single Post
Old 12-09-06, 03:55 PM   #3
mattSV
Mega Poster

Default Re: Attempted Theft Foiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph
Sat here skiving, err, working (honest boss), and I heard an alarm sounding. The guy sat opposite me looks up at the exact same time & says "Is that your alarm going of??" just as I was thinking the same.

So I quickly unplugged the HP SureStore DAT24 drive I have on my desk & pretty much ran past my boss muttering words like "take this drive out of my wages" (they're pretty heavy brick objects).

I get outside, and see four blokes holding short scaffolding poles, shout obsenities & wave the brick that eats magnetic tapes, and they jumped into the van & scarpered.

I've now checked the bike over a little, and reported the matter to the non-emergency police call centre (as I didn't deem it worthy of a 999 call since they'd legged it). My bike starts fine but I haven't tested it much more than that. I've also emailed the guy with the Bandit parked next to mine to let him know what happened so he can check his out too.
I guess that £30 cyclone alarm was worth it, even though it's not properly fitted yet! The bike had a disc lock on it, but I think it's time to invest in a nice heavy chain!

For anyone considering buying a cheap alarm, it's probably just saved me my bike!
If there is nothing solid that you can chain your bike to, then it might be worth asking if bandit boy will let you link chains with his (if he has one)
2013 - 2016 Triumph Explorer 1200
2016 - Ducati Multistrada DVT S
mattSV is offline   Reply With Quote