Thread: At last....
View Single Post
Old 11-07-22, 10:52 PM   #17
Ruffy

Default Re: At last....

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Sounds lime we've had a broadly similar experience Ruffy. Not pleasant at all. Hope you are more settled now.
Thanks Gary, appreciate the note. Fortunately we found a place that's decent enough but it was just in the knick of time after a very stressful search and I still can't shake the mental spectre of sometime receiving another notice. It was a shock for sure and I'm mentally scarred - I shudder to think what I'd do if the same happened again, seeing the state of the current market

So, settled? - unfortunately no, not really. I realise I'm fortunate to currently have a decent roof over my head but is it hyperbole to think of myself as 'homeless' knowing I now can't ever settle while renting, with that risk of being evicted for no fault of my own always in the background as a fear? Throw a marriage breakdown and financial challenges into the mix and with (adult) offspring still struggling to get a decent foothold in the world I get close to despair at times tbh. I take responsibility for my prior mismanagement of my life but I find I have formed some quite 'strong' views about 'the system' for housing in the UK etc.

Now I must stop before my soapboxing takes over your good news thread and starts demoralising you. Sorry!
Ruffy is offline   Reply With Quote