Thread: The Veg Plot.
View Single Post
Old 23-01-23, 06:26 PM   #262
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: The Veg Plot.

A solid day in the garden today. Made some progress. Chipped the rest of the box hedge I took out, picked up masses of plastic that was scattered around the garden, and cut back the ivy on the falling down back fence and the dead tree. I've had to lean a couple of old sheets of plywood against the fence to cover the gap and to stop it falling over completely. The garden looks much bigger with a lot of the ivy gone.
The holly tree to the right of the ivy covered stump is going to be getting a very serious haircut shortly as it's hanging a long way out over what will be a veg bed.

I shall call the council maintenance folks later this week and see about getting the boundary fences sorted too. When I moved in I thought it would be up to me to deal with the fences but guy from the maintenance dept. says it's their responsibilty. Happy days!

The shed roof is now off as well. The two chaps who came to do it were excellent and very efficient.

The builders are coming tomorrow to start on the brickwork and windows. I'm supposed to be going to Shrewsbury to do an IT job for someone, but I've rescheduled it for next week as I want to be here when the builders start the job.

The weather is meant to be a bit drier this week so I shall have another day in the garden tomorrow. More plastic collecting, and maybe try and get a second raised bed built.

I need to decide what to do with the huge pile of ivy as well. Ideally it needs chopping up into tiny little bits and composting. I'm wondering who I know with a heavy duty lawn mower......
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote