Thread: The Veg Plot.
View Single Post
Old 24-01-23, 06:46 PM   #268
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: The Veg Plot.

No builders after all today. They're coming tomorrow morning, and they're bringing a skip with them, which is good as I can lob the small amount of rubble and all the bits of rotten old wood I have into it.

Another day spent trying to get some shape on the garden. Lots more plastic collected, all the ivy chopped up and put into the compost bin, along with the clippings from the boundary hedge. I gave it a bit of a haircut but still need to go next door and finish the job from my neighbour's garden.

Pictures are poor quality as it was quite dusk when I took them.

Took the mattock to the roots and stumps of the box hedge and the largest of the bramble root plates. I think I've also managed to remove the last of the membrane from the beds, so once I've done a final check I will decide just where the new beds will be and cover the ground with a layer of cardboard and then mulch it with well rotted horse poo and composted wood chip. I'm starting to see the shape of the garden now which is encouraging.

My first compost bin is now full, which means I need to get some more pallets to make my other two bins. There's a place down the road in Llansantffraid which often has them going free so I'll call them tomorrow and see if I can go and get some.

I also reported the falling down fence via PCC's online repair request page. Within two hours someone phoned me back to say they had arranged for a visit to look at the job on 9th February. new boundary fences coming up hopefully.

I shall water the compost heap with urine to help get it going and then cover it to try and get it a bit warmer. It's got a lot of fresh greenery in it so it's going to take a while to start working I think.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote