Thread: The Veg Plot.
View Single Post
Old 28-01-23, 02:58 PM   #269
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: The Veg Plot.

A friend came over yesterday with a long handled pruning tool and a battery powered pruning chainsaw on a long, extendable handle. We spent the afternoon tackling the overhanging holly tree and ivy and took a lot of the lower stuff off. It's all gone back over the fence onto the property of the tree owner. The area we chucked it onto appears to be a bit of a dumping ground below the big shed/barn they own. My understanding is that I can't keep the prunings even if I wanted to (which I don't) so I'm happy to give it all back to them.

The chaps rebuilding the shed are going to replace this boundary fence when the shed is finished, hopefully by Wednesday. Be good to get rid of the scrappy, tatty netting there at the moment.

This fence is going to be done very soon as well. Someone from the council maintenance department is coming to look at at and get things moving on 9th February. It needs doing as it's on the point of falling down!

Feels like progress is being made. Just about to put a seed order in with Garden Organic, and a few of us are off to an organic seed potato fair next weekend. Don't I live an exciting life?

The upshot is that I need to get the veg beds ready pretty rapidly, and find a decent, second hand greenhouse. Lots of them about on FB Marketplace so it shouldn't be too difficult.

I'm also now starting to collect pallets with which to build a workshop, as I want that sorted this summer.

It's all go at the Northeast Palace (well, bungalow )
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote