View Single Post
Old 09-11-21, 10:21 PM   #2495
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Default Re: What have you tinkered with today?

Trying to work out what's wrong with the VFR. Took it for MOT yesterday and it passed. On the way home charging dropped and then lost all power.
I've recently done a reg rec upgrqade and hard wired it all in.
Double checked it all tonight and all connections seem good. No problems with the stator on a static test. Reg rec readings are all as should be. Wiring I put in is all showing good continuity etc and getting voltage reading from the battery at the reg rec end.
Looks like I have more to investigate tomorrow. Not sure where to go from here though. Possibly pull the stator cover and check it out visually? It's not showing going to ground or any bad connections though. I think resistance is within Honda spec. I need to double check that though. Possibly with it hot too (remembering the DRZ problems I had with running heat puttting up the stator resistance until it was out of spec.)

Currently only getting 11.7 volts at the battery when it's running though.

All was fine a couple of weeks ago apart from dirty connectors and hesitant cranking when cold.

Last edited by Adam Ef; 09-11-21 at 10:52 PM.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote