View Single Post
Old 21-08-08, 05:31 PM   #22
Seggons

Default Re: Massacre Memories

• Seeing where I was going to sleep at Pete and Lissa's and thinking "this is so much better then what I thought".
  • Seeing the group grow at each stop we did and then seeing just how big we were when we got on the motorway and all you could see was motorbikes lights in the mirror.
  • Seeing Mr UKI hit a big block of concrete and seeing his bike get thrown sideways and then thinking about which way to go to avoid him. Then somehow see his bike right itself from a crazy angle. Then seeing R1ck's bike hit then same lump and amazingly seeing both come out of it ok with no damage to iver bikes.
  • Seeing Yorkie Chris'es bike close up in the flesh for the first time and wondering how it's all still holding together.
  • There was one person I really wanted to see because I heard allot about him and that was Quiff. When people say he is funny, crazy, great I soon found that he really is. He is such a legend and is so great to be around.
  • Talking to Fizzwheel and realising just how great a person he is.
  • Realising it is very possible to overtake unrestricted SV's and pull away from them even though only having half their power.
  • Getting scared silly every time Yorkie Chris'es bike come flying past
  • Finding myself towards the front end of the pack and being able to keep up with the bigger bikes through the twistys, this put such a huge smile on my face.
  • Getting complemented on my riding by Pete, Fizz, Yorkie Chris and Quiff. That will stay with me forever considering these are the guys I look up to on their riding skills.
  • Fizzwheel shouting out across the car park "Seggons, is this your first time offsiding?" I wonder what give it away.
  • Being amazed at Claires survival reactional skills when she had a close encounter with another car on a tightening right hand bend and seeing her peg hit the ground and seeing sparks. If that was me, I would of panicked, froze up and been in the barrier.
  • Talking all the forum legends.
  • Talking bends flat out at silly speeds and it feeling very surreal.
  • Hitting 9K rpm in top gear.
  • Speedy Claire and the ketchup bottle at the fish and chip shop and then again at the pub when Luckypants just let one out.
  • Watching a minor car accident at the services where Fizz left us and realising I was the only one that see it.
  • On the way back to the camp site in the rain I spotted Pete in the distance and soon noticed I was catching. That give me such a great feeling, and then realised I was able to keep with him. This gave me an even better feeling. It wasn't the fact that I was able to keep with a bigger bike, but I was able to keep with someone that has such great road craft.
These are just a few of many many great memorise from the trip.