Thread: GM meets dead?
View Single Post
Old 20-02-08, 10:38 AM   #8
Tara

Default Re: GM meets dead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
My preference would be for the Anchor any night Mon to Thu.
To be honest I'll never turn up to the Ely, if you want a fortnightly meet there it doesn't bother me at all just don't expect me to be there.
I don't mind the Brittania
The 4 horses in Chobam is OK but I prefer the Anchor.
I like the idea of the meet being in the same place on the same night every week. Your much more likelly to get into a routine of knowing it's on and going. All this fortnightly stuff makes me less likely to go. When Monday comes I have ti think is it the Ely or Guildford tonight? & if it's Guildford I then think well I survived not going last week so i'll not bother tonight. That's just me.

I would be dead set against changing it to the Surrey Massive as that would not achieve anything, it would still not include Falc Tara Dan Grant? etc.

Oh & whatever happens I will only turn up by bike
to be honest the Britannia is a bit far for us which is why we normally go to the Ely - if it likely to stay at the Brittania then i'm more likely to defect to the TV section

Stu - i like the Anchor too - it would be nice in summer.

As for turning up on bike all well and good but its a meet not a rideout whats the problem and there will usually be more bikes in summer when the weather is better - i for one will always be in the car (or i won't bother coming) as i don't have any gear and am unlikely to be to be in a position to get any for a while