View Single Post
Old 14-05-14, 06:09 PM   #1
rowdy

Default Bol d'or motorcycles, Pulborough

Just thought I would share a positive experience having some work done by Dave at Bol d'or.

Having not used the SV much at all for a few years since the lung went pop I took the old girl for an mot a month or so back, passed with flying colours.
I then waited till the beginning of this month to tax it, as I'm a tight fecker and didn't want to pay for half a months tax that I couldn't use

I jumped on the bike and went for a ride down to see my brother, came home and parked the bike. Next day I went in the garage and one of the forks had decided to dump its oil on the floor.

I priced up for some fork oil seals, dust seals, fork oil and a trip down to wemoto (fairly local to me), but as room in my garage is tight to say the least at the moment along with lack of time I decided to give Dave a ring yesterday morning.

He told me to take the forks off the bike, change fluid and seals and refit would be £90 parts and labour. I asked him if I needed to book the bike in and he said no, just give me a ring when you are going to drop it off as I get people book bikes in and not turn up.

I rang back at about half four yesterday and asked if I could drop the bike off for him to sort the forks out at his leisure. He said bring it down, I've ordered the seals but there are too different sizes for that year (gsxr1000k2 forks) so I've ordered both sizes one of them will be right, they will be here tomorrow (today) so that'll give me time to strip them down ready.

I received a call at two this afternoon to say it was ready. He told me one of the bolts that hold the mudguard on was sheared so he had retapped the hole and put a bolt in there (had been like this since I fitted the forks about five years ago!)

Went to pick the bike up and he hadn't charged me for doing this, so gave him a drink to say thanks. Really impressed with the service provided, he seems like a nice fella and is happy just to stand there and chat about bikes, it really does seem like a passion, and I think he had retired but started back up to tinker with bikes for a hobby.

He has also got a rather nice Manx Norton framed triumph that he has just finished building, running triumph speed triple forks, brakes, wheels, rear shock/swing arm etc.
Silver pointy sk3, tail tidy, single seat cowl, fairing lowers, smoke double bubble screen, carbon hugger and front mudguard, full race M4 system, K&N filter, GSXR1000K2 forks, wheel and discs, GSXR750 calipers, HEL braided lines, TL1000s clip-ons, Gilles rearsets, Chinese cnc levers, led indies.
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote