View Single Post
Old 14-04-08, 06:32 PM   #10
sv-robo

Default Re: An Open Letter to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie View Post
To any lurkers, newbies, those having a quick peak and those recently released from the home for the bewildered…

This forum is not normally like this, WE ARE NORMALLY MUCH FRIENDLIER

I’ll try to explain…

Since I have known this place (several years) it has been like no other bike forum I’ve found. It has intelligence and wit in an abundance I can’t see anywhere else. The wealth of technical knowledge is unmatched. It has opinionated and erudite members who are not afraid to express their opinions but who also give the time and respect to those whose opinions differ. It has people who will start a wind up with such a straight face and keep it going for so long that you begin to check your own take on reality.

It has people who post with extreme right wing and left wing views which can lead to some strong debate, but debate it remains. It has the woolly leftie, knit your own yoghurt types as well as the hang and flog the outsiders type and we all seems to rub along together really.

I’ve heard on many another bike forums about keyboard warriors and stuff but every single time I’ve met anyone from here they have been truly lovely people. Even the minor scuffles about the organisation of this years’ Annual Rideout have been sorted out and reconciled.

As a group we have gone through some times of upheaval and change recently. Many new members have been warmly welcomed into the fold and we have had the tragedy of a young and valued friend being taken from us.

But we are still the .orgers – a mixed and wonderful bunch. Don’t take the last few days as typical of what we all are. Don’t be put off. Most of us just want to hug you all

I know I've left stuff out. Feel free to add what you need to
Have a gold star that man...well said