View Single Post
Old 22-02-16, 09:46 AM   #1
svbmx

Default Wiring LED warning lights from stock loom (99 SV650s) Help Please?!

Really hoping someone on here can point me in the right direction with this...

Ive gotten rid of my original clocks after doing a naked conversion, so ive made a mounting plate for my gps speedo (phone!) and 6 LED's to replace the warning lights (neutral, indicators, high beam, low fuel, oil pressure and coolant temp) im now missing from my original clocks.

My plan is to cut off the connector that plugged into the back of the original gauges and wire in the LED's directly from there.

So far ive managed to get the high beam and indicator LED's working fine but the rest is a little confusing. I have managed to get the neutral LED to light up by connecting + to blue/black and - to orange/green, but it wont turn off when i put it into gear! And because im struggling with this im now reluctant to wire in the oil pressure and coolant temp warning LED's because i wont actually know if they'll work until something goes wrong!!

So basically... does anyone know what colour wires i need to connect to each LED's positive and negative connection to make them work correctly?!!

The low fuel warning light is probably the most important to me, so if i could only get help with wiring that, that would much appreciated

Im "attempting" to follow this wiring diagram in the Haynes manual

svbmx is offline   Reply With Quote