View Single Post
Old 26-04-22, 02:49 PM   #12
glang

Default Re: sv650s K5 won't idle when petrol isn't a full tank (running rich)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackie View Post
I only get an F1 warning for 1 reason, when my bike ignition turns on and it's in gear and on the stand. This started after we removed the alarm, but it's no biggie.
There is no other warning. Are SV's quite intuitive for errors on electrics? I read I can run a diagnostic check on it but didn't know if this was something worth taking further or not.
(I'm not used to vehicles that tell you what's wrong )

I did assume it was an air problem. The bike has only done 16k and has been garaged nearly all its life.
The FI light comes on if some component is found to be giving a signal outside of the correct range. Then you have to put the bike into dealer mode to read the code thats shows indicating where the problem is. Engine temperature sensor is called ECT and an error reading would show as code C15 however I suppose its possible its output could be within the correct range but just wrong so no code. The only way to test this is check its resistance at 20ºc is 2.45 kohms. The free to download Suzuki workshop manual describes how to do this but you have to know what your doing or you could kill the brain
glang is offline   Reply With Quote