View Single Post
Old 23-05-23, 06:12 AM   #3362
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: The All New Megathread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
Happy and sad day for me today. After six years I'm considering changing my T100 but what to get? Another SV650 was always possible so it was off to a reasonably local dealer this morning for a test ride. It was SO nice to spend 40 minutes on one of these lovely bikes again and it ticked so many boxes. But, the pegs are just a bit too high for me at my age and though I'd doubtless get used to their position I equally think I'd get sore knees quite quickly.

Riding Hugh home again, via a very indirect route as it was a lovely day, made me appreciate the upright riding position and low pegs I have right now. Ah well, I'm in no rush.

Interestingly the dealer thought there would be a road-biased Strom 800 out later this year. The front end of the 650 Strom is not for me and sear height of the 800DE is way too high, so we'll have to see how much lower Suzuki can make the new model.
Trevor, I remember having a ride on a pointy S model a few years back and being uncomfortable with the footrests and handlebars. Compared to my curvy, the footrests were higher and further back, and the clip ons were lower. My legs felt to folded and I don't think it would have done my knees any favours.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote