SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Madlanders For those based in the East & West Midlands.

Old 05-06-08, 07:50 PM   #1
PJinUK

Default BLUE van man!!

So,,its 8pm,sun is shining and its still sunny and warm, I have been for a little bimble out to Coleshill and Water Orton and am slowly heading home in a line of traffic, all doing 40 mph coming out of Water Orton village to Brum. Leave a nice gap in front of me as I have about 5 or 6 cars in front.Not in any rush just enjoying the evening.Even start dipping the bike left and right to avoid the potholes I am so relaxed.......THEN, a small blue mini van comes up behind, all horns and lights filling me rear views...he then revs his diesel past me and into my braking gap, slams on his anchors and slows down,He cant go anywhere coz were in a file of traffic....I had to brake so hard thought my fingers were gonna rip the lever off.
Funnily enough most of the cars turn right at the next junction leaving Van man with an open road,,,what does he do,,,nothing ,,,juts sits there pretending I am not behind him,,I am sure he could feel my glares from the back of his head,,,
I know they are out there,,but they really do @!$$ me off !!!
Old 05-06-08, 08:45 PM   #2
Steve_God
Mega Poster

Default Re: BLUE van man!!

I would've overtaken him again, then waited till there was LOADS of traffic coming the other way so no possible way to overtake, and then dropped down to approx 5mph until the traffic cleared, and disappeared into the horizon.
What a muppet.
SV650s; K6; Metallic Euclase Silver; Fully Faired; Renegade Twin Exhaust Full System (Stubbied); Full ECU Remap; Fabri Tinted DB Screen; Hamicad Fender Eliminater; Bagster Seat/Suzuki Gel Seat; Fenda Extenda; HEL Braided Brake Hoses; R&G Crash Bungs; GSXR Front-end, Triumph Daytona 675 Front Brake Master Cylinder; RedFox Rear Hugger; BMC F.1 Air Filter; Top Box!
Coastal Tours:Great Britain (for Cancer Research) - 3588.2 miles: Completed July 2007. Ireland - 1466 miles: Completed for July 2008
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-08, 06:52 PM   #3
aide_t

I travel from Leamington to Coleshill every day (bike and car but never at the same time! hehe!) an oh my god do i see some world class driving on that route!

keep your wits about my friend!
Old 11-07-08, 10:14 AM   #4
Lou M

Trouble is if you'd tried to overtake him he'd probably pull across on you, just not worth it.
I usually try to put my head light right into their rear mirror, they won't forget that you are there, oh and accidentally catch the full beam switch.
Old 12-07-08, 10:55 AM   #5
evertheoptimist

the problem with slowing right down in front of a car to p*ss them off is, assuming that they are just a regular bad driver fine. But if they turn out to be high on drink and drugs or a mindless thug in a stolen car they will ram you off the road, considering in a clash the biker is the one who gets hurt best to react in a defensive way stay back from them or get clear from there, theres a lot of nutters out there be safe.
Old 23-07-08, 06:04 PM   #6
ging6996

best thing i find is give em the finger then think of sumat else n forget about it.

i have forsed myself to carm down after idiots like that.

lets face big tin van poor squishy man on bike if you retaliate your gona come of worse.

be safe.
graham