SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 14-03-07, 10:06 PM   #1
kwak zzr

Default re packing a micron delta + can? how to and what to use?

its says it all in the title, i think they need a re pack and ive been told from my local HG store i can use loft insulation? apparently its the same stuff.
Old 15-03-07, 12:10 AM   #2
svrash

Default Re: re packing a micron delta + can? how to and what to use?

If you get the kit from micron they give you new seals, insulation, foil backed stuff for carbon cans and new bolts
Old 15-03-07, 08:34 AM   #3
kwak zzr

do you know how much this kit is? both need doing me thinks.
Old 15-03-07, 10:16 AM   #4
svrash

Quote:
Packing info
Thought this might be a help to those with a micron can or system which needs re-packing

Email from Paul Gregory at micron magnex
The re-pack kit you require is our part number PCU12, which does include the two seals. You can order this from us or from your local Micron dealer. Re-pack kits are priced at �14.95 inc vat. plus �5.95 P&P.

MICRON & MAGNEX TECHNICAL SALES

WEB- www.micronexhausts.com www.magnexexhausts.com E-MAIL- paulgregory@extechuk.co.uk

TEL. 01773 876330 FAX. 01773 876331

My exhaust part number is :MROAVR, this is written under the end cap of the exhaust He told me to expect the kit next day or day after

This is what i sent to the main site but this is for a normal Delta can without the removable baffle

Has the bike been ridden enough to warrant re-packing or has all the autosol fumes dissolved the wadding???

Last edited by svrash; 15-03-07 at 11:00 AM.
Old 15-03-07, 11:05 AM   #5
kwak zzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by svrash View Post
This is what i sent to the main site but this is for a normal Delta can without the removable baffle

Has the bike been ridden enough to warrant re-packing or has all the autosol fumes dissolved the wadding???
dunno? there just very loud! and me being a postie is annoying the neighbours at 5.30 in a morning. the cans are delta + but my local HG shop tells me the previous owner has had them open to grind off a weld or something so the baffles come out? its only a useless tube anyway cant really see it doing much?
Old 15-03-07, 01:13 PM   #6
Captain Nemo

anyone know if you can get these for carbon can company stuff?, pretty sure mine needs doing
Old 15-03-07, 11:45 PM   #7
svrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr View Post
dunno? there just very loud! and me being a postie is annoying the neighbours at 5.30 in a morning. the cans are delta + but my local HG shop tells me the previous owner has had them open to grind off a weld or something so the baffles come out? its only a useless tube anyway cant really see it doing much?
Give it a tap all over with your ear in the end, if it sounds dense and well full of fluff then it probobly is and if it sounds hollow then its prob not

Is the useless tube the baffle? It does make a big differance......especally at 5.30 in the morning put it in and try it one day
Old 16-03-07, 06:15 AM   #8
mister c
Mega Poster

I got a freind of mine to do mine on an old XJR a few years back. One thing I will say is, dont pack it too tight, or you will find it will be louder than it is now
I ended up taking mine apart, pulling out the excess and starting from scratch. I ended up with a Quality Street tin full of insulation AFTER I'd put it right. Too much of a good thing doesn't make it better.
I found it quite easy, take the end of the can off and find something long, like a coathanger. Pull out the old wadding. Then pack the new stuff in, but like I say not too tight.
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-07, 08:14 AM   #9
kwak zzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by svrash View Post
Give it a tap all over with your ear in the end, if it sounds dense and well full of fluff then it probobly is and if it sounds hollow then its prob not

Is the useless tube the baffle? It does make a big differance......especally at 5.30 in the morning put it in and try it one day
i ride with the useless baffle tubes in because it look plod friendly, if i remove the tubes it make no diff to the sound at all thats why i leave them in.
Old 16-03-07, 01:03 PM   #10
Captain Nemo

you must have the only exhaust in the world that doesnt get louder with out the baffle. lol

i took both mine out of the can on my ZRX1200 an dit now sounds like the world is about of end.................. makes me very nervous about warming it up on the drve though at 630 am............