SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 17-04-11, 09:55 PM   #1
darkdreamsgal

Default SV650s 2010 - Black

Selling to get something else I may otherwise part-ex over the next few days, so if you're interested please do get in touch.

SV650s (L0), 10 plate, 8k on the clock (third service booked next week).
- Still under warranty (to June 2012)
- Still have a couple of months of AA cover which will follow the bike (to June 2011)
- Only had 1 owner from new (from June last year) - me
- Not usually used to commute on, which means it's seen some but not a lot of rain.
- Been lowered but the side stand has not been cut and I still have the original, normal length dog bones
- Due to neck injuries, I wasn't riding it from beginning November - beginning March either, so it hasn't seen winter
- Stored in a dry, brick garage and battery was kept on Optimate in the winter once I realised I wasn't going to be riding it for a while

Asking price - £3300 ono (and do make me an offer if interested - you never know, I may accept!)

It has some finance on it but I will clear it over the phone by credit card in front of the buyer.

Comes with:
- sports pillion seat cover (never used)
- Oxford heated grips
- ASV clutch lever (stock brake lever is adjustable but not the clutch lever)
- Thatcham 1 alarm/immobiliser
- R&G crash bungs
- original dog bones (to put back to standard height)
** edited to add: I just put new tyres on - Michelin 2 CTs (RRP anywhere between £210 - £250) - done about 80 miles so far. This will also be thrown in with the bike.
*** note also that I will continue to be using the bike until it is sold so mileage and mileage left on tyres will change.

Also have:
- a 1 month old Puig black double bubble (very nice!) which I'll throw in for an extra £50
- a Bagster tank cover (black leather) for an extra £80
- genuine Suzuki lowered seat (used once) (free if you only need the one seat! £40 if you also want the original seat)

Bad points:
It's been dropped in gravel before (slow speed) on the right, so it has:
- gravel rash on the lower right fairing, nose cone, and the right mirror *** (these have now been replaced - see below)
- the R&G crash bung on the right is now slightly 'used'
- superficial scratches and a dink on the can
- small scuff on the right side of the back panel
- tiny stone chip on the grab rail (unrelated to drop) *** (I have just discovered I have a brand new one so if you're really fussed about the stone chip you can have the new one for £10)

HOWEVER, I have:
- brand new fairings, nose cone ***(as above, these have now been put on. The nose cone has the 2009 red decals on, but I have the 2010 silver decals if whoever buys the bike really wants that)
- brand new full OEM exhaust system ***(you can have it but unfortunately I won't be putting it on. RRP is over £1k though and I'll throw it in with the bike at the asking price if you want it)
- nearly new mirror, front indicator and front brake lever (nothing more than normal wear and tear marks) *** (these have now been put on)

The only things that I am not going to put right, therefore, are the back panel (you can barely see the scuff), the stone chip (unless you want to take the new grab rail) and the crash bung (it can still be used, and hasn't bent the bar / bolt at all).

If you're not fussed about the exhaust system (the pipe is absolutely fine and you may be thinking of putting a nicer slip-on can on ) then I may drop the price - again, do make me an offer.

**Photos now up. If anyone wants to see the bike in person, I'm in Wimbledon, London.

Cheers

Jo

Last edited by darkdreamsgal; 22-04-11 at 07:45 PM.
Old 18-04-11, 04:01 PM   #2
rich88

Default Re: SV650s 2010 - Black

wow! that sounds like a pretty sweet deal!
if hadnt basically just bought one id be biting your hand off!

Are you going to fit the new fairings yourself?
If so, sell the old ones for spares/repair and bump the price of the bike up abit.
I spent the best part of 9months saving up and looking at sv650's before i bought one, and that sounds/seems cheap to me.

Id say stick it at £3500!

But then again i might be talking total rubbish lol

Good luck selling it anyhow
Old 18-04-11, 04:54 PM   #3
FG1

mmmmm, do I go back to faired from Naked ?????

Last edited by FG1; 18-04-11 at 05:02 PM.
Old 18-04-11, 06:21 PM   #4
darkdreamsgal

lol Well - I am hoping for a quick sale when I press the button so the price reflects that too I am being realistic rather than too optimistic.

Editing original post re tyres.

J
Old 18-04-11, 10:11 PM   #5
hongman

Someone please buy this, it is for a good cause

Good luck with the sale, tis a very nice bike as many on here can vouch for!
Old 19-04-11, 08:47 AM   #6
darkdreamsgal

Hehe Thanks for the bump, Hong
Old 20-04-11, 03:42 PM   #7
darkdreamsgal

Bump! Definitely up for sale now.
Old 22-04-11, 07:45 PM   #8
darkdreamsgal

Photos now up. If anyone wants to see the bike in person, I'm in Wimbledon, London.

I will otherwise be part-exing over the next few days so if you're interested please do get in touch.
Old 22-04-11, 09:40 PM   #9
FG1

I'd love to go faired again, anybody want a naked ?
Old 22-04-11, 11:44 PM   #10
darkdreamsgal

lol Ok, if you're serious, you have my number, Tone. I'm going to look at some bikes tomorrow so may part-ex as I dont want to have to insure both bikes!! But let me know tomorrow morning if you're serious and I may hold back.

Jo