SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Exhausts Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 01-10-08, 12:24 PM   #1
ork56

Default Mivv exhausts

I am thinking of getting a new exhaust as my current one is loose/blowing where the collector pipe enters the end can. Im not sure if the prev owner had a different can fitted - maybe they cut the pipe down before replacing the stock can?

I have seen these on ebay and wondered if anyone had any feedback

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EXHAUST-MIVV-G...742.m153.l1262

Last edited by ork56; 01-10-08 at 12:35 PM. Reason: addl info
Old 01-10-08, 12:46 PM   #2
gettin2dizzy

Default Re: Mivv exhausts

Lovely exhausts, really well made...but, expensive.

Look at Carbon Can Company & Scorpion
Old 03-10-08, 04:11 PM   #3
chris8886
Mega Poster

them is VERY NICE and sound wicked as well. though i've only seen and heard them on the '08 honda SP2 that i pulled up next to the other day. my jaw did hit the floor they were sooooooo nice!!
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-08, 12:21 AM   #4
Bibio
Mega Poster

i have one of the high level ones ... and all i can say is they are CRAP... the finish is just plain sh*te.... they are mig welded together and the welding looks as though a monkey has done it... they leek at every slip joint... they also sound pretty crap ...

do yourself a favour DO NOT BUY MIVV. get a scorpion or ccc...

i'm not complaining as i got a set of twin high level ones for £120 brand new off fleabay.... but i had to cut the link can off coz it was fouling my tyre... now i have a nice weld patch on the pipe.

have a look for yourself... ok so its not the new ones but its still an mivv and i dont expect the quality to be any better..

http://img367.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sv03ay1.jpg
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-08, 11:07 AM   #5
Dangerous Dave

The twin exhaust was for K3's only, the later bikes (which you have) have a lower subframe!

It wasn't a product error, you fitted the wrong product.
Old 04-10-08, 12:43 PM   #6
rictus01
Mega Poster

My brother has a pair on his new tuono, sound good and they look good quality, only been on a week now so durability is still to be seen of course, but he seems well happy, I'll get a pic at some point.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-08, 03:48 PM   #7
ukhammy

Bought my Mivv Gp Shorty from the Ebay site about 3 months ago. Delivered from Italy in 6 days and still cheaper than uk importer by about 50 quid. You get the whole mid pipe section with this exhaust so i think its unbeleivable value, and the added benefit of not having to cut the standard system. Build quality seems good with all fittings supplied and fitting was easy with all the joints going together nicely. Only slight problem was getting the strap in the right place without fouling the nameplate on the can, but since i now have a custom hanger fitted it fits fine. Big weight saving, looks awesome and wait till you fire it up!, sounds beautiful. Have left the DB killer in mine as it sounds good enough already. Not too many of these about so you've got something a little different also. In my personal view i wouldn't hesitate in recommending this exhaust.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00247M.jpg (119.1 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00248M.jpg (110.0 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00250M.jpg (114.4 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00251M.jpg (91.7 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00252M.jpg (118.2 KB, 56 views)
Old 11-10-08, 01:42 AM   #8
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post

The twin exhaust was for K3's only, the later bikes (which you have) have a lower subframe!

It wasn't a product error, you fitted the wrong product.
yup.. but it was advertised (and emailed about it) for k3 onwards..

only found out when i got them that they only fit k3's.. but saying that the link pipe would have fouled a k3 as there was no way the link pipe had enough hight in it not to ... unless the k3's rear shock bump stop is different.

what i was stressing was that the quality of the welding and fit in general is pretty damned awful. and for the price of them i would look elsewhere.

the pipework is mig welded not tig welded and as such looks hideous. the finish of the pipework is also really bad, as in, it was not polished and you can still see the marks where it was held in the bending machine, there are also ripples on some of the bends. if i had paid full price for the pipes i would not have been very happy. but as i said i only paid £120 so i'm not bothered. it will do till i can get some penny's together to get something better. and even better i have a spare can to play with. i can feel a stubby session coming on
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-08, 03:48 PM   #9
MCN_LiamM

Is the baffle removable on Mivv exhausts, also are they available for K5s?
Old 07-11-08, 05:54 PM   #10
Dangerous Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCN_LiamM View Post
Is the baffle removable on Mivv exhausts, also are they available for K5s?
Howdy Liam,

Twin underseat/high-level is only available for K3's, it will fit on but as seen above you will have clearance issues on the K4 on-wards models. The Mivv's also have removable baffles.

Last edited by Dangerous Dave; 08-11-08 at 01:21 PM.