SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 04-01-06, 01:28 PM   #1
beefcake

Default Good suzuki servicing

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good Suzuki dealership in Essex / East London that provides decent servicing (customer service and reliability) as my 11k service is now due and I'd like to keep the service book up to date with the stamps.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Deano
Old 04-01-06, 04:51 PM   #2
Valman

There isn't one.

I live in East London so I tried finding someone close but I didn't like any of them. Your options are:

Daytona in Islington - bought my bike from them but they charged me a full hours labour for spending 5 minutes checking my bike and 40 minutes trying to get all the part numbers when I had an off, on the first service they didn't tighten the rhs footrest and they didn't top up the coolant even though it was below the low level mark, I had to change the oil after 1400 miles as the bike wouldn't shift gears when it got too hot (that may just be because of crappy oil) and also I couldn't get the sump plug off to change the oil as they had done it up so tight. They're also not cheap.

Double R in Leytonstone - Didn't like the look of them, although they may be perfectly competent and good at what they do I didn't hear anything good or bad so I didn't take the risk.

Metropolis in Greenwich/Vauxhall - Again I didn't use the service centres but both times that I've dealt with sales I've been given terrible service, well I actually got no service as they offer to call me back and they never do, even when I had £4500 to spend on a bike.

If it has to be a Suzuki dealer then I guess people will say go to Premier in Kent or if you can then Steve Jordan in Surrey.

If you don't mind not going to a Suzuki dealer but want good service that's not far away then I'm sure Jelster and the rest will recommend you go to:
Berrington Smith Motorcycles
16 Boston Road,
Hanwell,
London, W7 3TR.
Tel: 0208 567 8432
Mob: 07734 915 536
Email: bones_rob@hotmail.com
Only down the A406 really so doesn't take long to get there from East London/Essex, unless your stupid enough to try and cut through Central London and then get lost and turn up 2 hours late for a service.
Old 04-01-06, 05:11 PM   #3
biketeacherdave

Default YOU NEED BRIAN

Brian is your man if you dont mind popping over to orpington/bromley se london, he is good/cheap and can stamp your book as long as he uses genuine suzy parts there is no problem with warrenty claims if you ever need to make 1

try him on 01689 871263
Old 04-01-06, 05:24 PM   #4
Iansv

Defo aint one in essex....

best one of the bunch on recommendation is the one in Leigh on Sea, John Pease in chelmsford are ok but i've never been convinced

I use a yamaha dealer in brentwood
Old 04-01-06, 06:32 PM   #5
drumwrecker

Contact Simon Parry of DTM Racing.
He's in Breachwood Green near Hitchin tel 07979 401 322
He's good, thorough, honest, reasonable rates and a nice bloke
http://www.dtmracing.co.uk/Contact.htm
Old 04-01-06, 10:45 PM   #6
Saint Matt

Do it yourself?
Old 05-01-06, 12:09 AM   #7
Cazza

George White on Shoreditch High Street. I bought my bike from them, and they've done 2 services for me. All seemed okay.

And as they send the bikes over to Swindon (or is it Slough?) because they don't have a workshop in the Shoreditch branch, they should give you a loan bike while yours is away. I've borrowed a Fazer (yuck) and an R6 (wheee) from them before.
Old 05-01-06, 12:40 AM   #8
hall13uk

AYE GEES motorcycles
welling kent

top guys i cannot fault them at all.
Old 05-01-06, 09:15 AM   #9
beefcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Matt
Do it yourself?
Cheers for all the help guys! I would do it myself, but have never done it before, and would still like my book stamped.