SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 03-01-17, 02:21 PM   #1
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Suzuki GB

I've contacted Suzuki GB a few times and been mildly disappointed with their response. I was curious what other's experiences were like.

As an example: I asked them if a Gladius hugger would fit the new L7 SV. The swing arm looks the same with similar mountings for the chain guard. They said they didn't know as they hadn't tried it.

What I expected was a technical person to research it or send an email to Japan and pose the question to them and get back to me.

I asked them about paint for my wheels - they never answered.
I asked them about the flyscreen availability which was supposed to be last summer. They said November, but I then saw notification of a 'cafe racer kit' which included the screen and asked if it was possible to buy it separately - no answer.

Incidentally, the flyscreen is now listed on their site as being available.

How's your experience been with them?
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-17, 07:05 PM   #2
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Default Re: Suzuki GB

I can't say I'm surprised. They've never shown any interest in this site either. You'd think this forum would be a great way to interact with their customers.
Old 03-01-17, 07:41 PM   #3
macamxthe1st

I have also found them to be less than great, often fail to respond and if they do their knowledge base is pretty unimpressive.

Geoff.

P.S. Dealer satisfaction surveys with importers makes interesting reading, whilst Suzuki don't fair too badly with their dealers Honda take a real pasting from theirs.
Old 03-01-17, 09:30 PM   #4
Bibio
Mega Poster

i have found in the past that lack of communication is them sending the query to another department who then get in touch with head office then Japan. if its a technical question then they normally put you straight through.

you cant expect them to have their finger on the pulse to every single part or upcoming part for the entire suzuki range. also asking about cross part reference is a bit complicated, they would have to physically try the part on the bike its destined for to say yes otherwise you could potentially sue them if anything went wrong.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-17, 07:12 AM   #5
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Imho your best going to a dealership.
My local dealer is superb. They rang Suzuki to confirm that a part was in Europe

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-17, 09:48 AM   #6
macamxthe1st

I to have a first class dealer who is very knowledgeable about the products. We offered up a "Gladius" hugger and it was close but not correct. Bought a "Puig" L7 specific item. Spot on.

Geoff.
Old 04-01-17, 11:39 AM   #7
Seeker
Mega Poster

I have no problem with the dealer(s). I saw the Puig hugger for the new SV and, in my opinion, it's too short, but understand that I fitted an extender to my front mudguard and a mudflap too, so your opinion may vary (but I still have a shiny, polished front pipe).

Meanwhile back with Suzuki GB - this probably isn't their fault but I tried to order the flyscreen advertised on their website - added it to my basket but everytime I tried to 'proceed to checkout' the page jumped back to the accessories page. I gave up and decided to order through my local dealer.

The local dealer told me that Suzuki's servers went down yesterday (again, not their fault) but I successfully ordered the visor/flyscreen, I'll post pictures when I fit it.

Incidentally, it looks like the new SV is now available in red in the UK.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote