SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 20-05-08, 07:59 PM   #1
suzsv650

Default outraged! *rant*

I have just visited my local Asda and i am outraged with the service provided!

Now i used to work in Tesco so i know full well about stroppy customers and so fourth however i think my situation is just plain rude!

Me and my friend visited a self service checkout with two crates of Carsberg (making the most of the two for £16) now of course they come over to check my ID now im fine however the assistant goes "ID both of you" at which point we are both getting our ID out and i casually ask "so why has my friend got to provide ID, im buying" the assistant just looks at me and says "dont be cheeky" im rather taken back and respond with "so if say a father came in with his 15 16 or 17 year old son would he have to provide ID?"

At which point the assistant took my card out of the chip n pin device and slammed it on the side saying "im not serving you"

Now im am a calm person so i simply say "ermm why? what have i done?" at which point she walks off and helps another customer.

So my friend is now turing bright red as he gets embarrassed by anything but im not budging on this one so i stay tight and just stand there.

The assistant returns and goes "have you finished being cheeky?" "im not being cheeky i asked you a question and i think you are being extremely rude!" shes now bashing the screen with the codes to allow me to buy the beer then turns around and says " dont be cheeky again" " i asked you a question!"

She returns to her island and does no more.

Now i know some stores like both people buying to have ID but i think the behavior of the assistant is just ridiculous and i was at the point of complaining to the manager. (however from my Tesco experience complaining gets no ware so i didn't bother)

Sorry about the rant but its extremely anoying and the stupid company is too big for us meer minions to do anything!
Old 20-05-08, 08:06 PM   #2
G
Mega Poster

Default Re: outraged! *rant*

Reminds me of the time I got asked for ID in TJI Fridays when buying a coke

The bloke was insistant so i had to just grin and bear it....
Old 20-05-08, 08:16 PM   #3
Woz

Quote:
Originally Posted by graemepaterson View Post
Reminds me of the time I got asked for ID in TJI Fridays when buying a coke

The bloke was insistant so i had to just grin and bear it....

Another case of the 'do you want fries with that?' mentality. Shop/restaurant workers really seem as though they're not allowed to think for themselves anymore.
Old 20-05-08, 08:31 PM   #4
Blue_SV650S

She's 'on the blob' dude ... basic woman stuff!!
Old 20-05-08, 08:32 PM   #5
simesb

Should have picked the beer up and started walking out with it - bet they'd have taken your money pretty sharpish then.
Old 20-05-08, 08:33 PM   #6
suzsv650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
She's 'on the blob' dude ... nothing more!
lol yea me n my mate walked passed with the easing final comment of "blonde bint"

*off subject blue u wona come to a track day at castle combe*
Old 20-05-08, 08:36 PM   #7
Gene genie

yeh thats how hitler started, give someone a stripe and it goes straight to their head. i'd liked to have been there, keep cool and you,ve already won and rose above their petty ways. keep up the good work.
Old 20-05-08, 08:36 PM   #8
ethariel

I was parking in the local Tesco when some little t*at comes up to me and starts mouthing off that 'This is a car space, motorbikes go there' - motioning to a triangle about 200 yards away.

I said thanks, alarmed the bike and started to walk away when......

yep alarm goes off, i turned about and he shouted over the alarm - 'Well i'll move it then!'.

Fortunatley an off duty copper

a) Stopped me beating him to death with my helmet
b) gave him and his manager the biggest boll*cking of thier lives.
ethariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-08, 08:38 PM   #9
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzsv650 View Post
lol yea me n my mate walked passed with the easing final comment of "blonde bint"

*off subject blue u wona come to a track day at castle combe*
How much and when? (and I take it you are meaning on big bikes?) ... I've never actually been to CC
Old 20-05-08, 08:41 PM   #10
Gene genie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethariel View Post
I was parking in the local Tesco when some little t*at comes up to me and starts mouthing off that 'This is a car space, motorbikes go there' - motioning to a triangle about 200 yards away.

I said thanks, alarmed the bike and started to walk away when......

yep alarm goes off, i turned about and he shouted over the alarm - 'Well i'll move it then!'.

Fortunatley an off duty copper

a) Stopped me beating him to death with my helmet
b) gave him and his manager the biggest boll*cking of thier lives.
i don't understand, so why did that stop you from thrashing the little t*** to within an inch of his miserable life?