SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-01-09, 03:40 PM   #1
Dappa D

Default Man throws daughter off bridge........

http://news.aol.co.uk/dad-threw-girl...73997175#money

"mental illness" again.....

RIP lil lady x
Old 29-01-09, 03:43 PM   #2
keithd

Default Re: Man throws daughter off bridge........

i read this earlier. and oft overused word but its truly shocking.

interesting to see you put mental illness in quotes tho...are you literally quoting or doubting...? not that it matters...
Old 29-01-09, 03:50 PM   #3
Dappa D

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithd View Post
i read this earlier. and oft overused word but its truly shocking.

interesting to see you put mental illness in quotes tho...are you literally quoting or doubting...? not that it matters...
tis truly shocking......as for the mental illness....bit of both really, seems noone can take responsibility for thier actions any more...a lot of the time when a child is murdered by a parent its down to mental illness....

as a father myself i find it mentaly impossible to imagine harming my son in any way......

but....

as someone who has suffured mental illness, a manic episode and been sectioned whilst in a foreign country i understand that you really dont know what your doing when the mind is in that sort of state....so i have conflicting feelings....

it just seems that either the people themselves or solicitors are jumping on the mental illness thing everytime anything bad happens to reduce sentance / deminish (sp?) responsibility.....
Old 29-01-09, 03:50 PM   #4
lily

To start with when i was reading the article I thought maybe he had lost custody, then took his daughter and throwed her off the bridge in a way of 'if i can't have her, neither can you'

But when I got the end of the article it seemed strange that they are sharing custody and that he also had two other children with him?!?!?!?

Strange one really...............
Old 29-01-09, 04:23 PM   #5
Kate Moss

Wouldn't his severe mental illness have been an issue through out the court proceedings and if so, why was he allowed to have the children un supervised?
Old 29-01-09, 07:50 PM   #6
Mel

It sounds a little like another thing in the news a few weeks ago.
A guy picked his kids up from there mums, he stabbed them and attempted to set fire to his car with petrol, but didnt manage to light it - fumes or something.
I dont get how, him, being the father could do that to his own kids - i dont think this guy was mentally ill - its just always the same excuse when someones being sent down.
Its really depressing thinking about how one of those kids watched the other get killed, and they did nothing wrong
I hope they all rest in peace
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/7839646.stm
Old 29-01-09, 09:39 PM   #7
Speedy Claire

Is so easy to "play the system" and plead insanity! If he was registered as mentally ill there`s no way he`d have been allowed unsupervised access full stop