SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-08-14, 07:44 PM   #1
heros

Default ER6 warranty issues.

Hey guys,

I bought a er6n 2014 in march and have had a few dealer issues with warranty and looking for some advice. So far iv had rust on the filler neck of the tank which they just applied some acf50 to it (this is what Kawasaki said to do apparently) and also the key hole for the petrol tank has furred up. There offered solution would be to replace it but have 2 keys, 1 for the tank and 1 for the ignition whilst saying that Kawasaki wouldn't be interested in dealing with these issues. I have then proceeded to phone Kawasaki customer services my self and explain the issues i have had, they say that there solution to the filler neck was to clean it and re-lacquer the affected area and they also said that they would replace the whole lock-set if it was needed. Kawasaki also said that if i emailed them they could contact the dealer to try resolve the issues for me, so the problem i have is do i go to the dealer and say what Kawasaki have said and see how he responds or should i just go ahead and just go through Kawasaki customer services? (i have attached pics of the issues)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0176.jpg (122.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0178.jpg (115.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-08-14, 07:52 PM   #2
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Warranty Issues

i would email Kawasaki and get them to sort it with the dealer.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-14, 08:42 PM   #3
Tomor
Mega Poster

Do you have another dealer near? Warranty is not with the dealer you bought it from but any kwak dealer.
Old 05-08-14, 09:39 PM   #4
heros

the next nearest dealer is about 50 miles away, which atm would be abit of an inconvenience
Old 07-08-14, 01:03 PM   #5
Vinc

Default Re: ER6 warranty issues.

Go down the route of dealing with kawasaki and a new shop. I once had to import my own bike through the agent, because the shop claimed to have contacted them and they there was no stock left. (Turned out there was plenty), still had to pay the "preparation fee" to the dealer who smelled of a nice mix of urine, alcohol and engine oil. Good bless him.
Old 09-08-14, 08:18 AM   #6
muzikill
Mega Poster

kawa direct. Im sure they will be chuffed to bits with the dealer who wont budge to support your warranty claim. That'll teach them and hopefully make sure any future customers dont get pawed off. Id be looking to post your problems somewhere every kwak owner will see it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
K3 Job c.v: Engine:remove/split/rebuild/refit. Replace:Gearbox,Fuel pump,Gaskets. Piston clean,rings. Overhaul:Throttle body,Injectors,Brakes,Forks. Remove/refit:Exhaust,Radiator,Oil cooler,Throttle,Air filter,Tank. Replace: Oil,Coolant,grease,brake hoses & bleed.
muzikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-14, 09:41 AM   #7
Kenzie

My wife's 2011 ER6F did this as well. I just cleaned the fuzz off and lubed the lock. I was told it wasn't covered under warranty. The paint was lifting off it a bit as well.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-14, 11:12 AM   #8
muzikill
Mega Poster

and again not a warranty claim? ..... bullcrap. You have to wonder if this is a wider issue seeing how someone else has the same issue.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
K3 Job c.v: Engine:remove/split/rebuild/refit. Replace:Gearbox,Fuel pump,Gaskets. Piston clean,rings. Overhaul:Throttle body,Injectors,Brakes,Forks. Remove/refit:Exhaust,Radiator,Oil cooler,Throttle,Air filter,Tank. Replace: Oil,Coolant,grease,brake hoses & bleed.
muzikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-14, 09:08 PM   #9
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Just a couple of questions, do you park the bike outside and do you live near the coast?

The salty sea air can do that to a bike near us in a matter of weeks and it is for this reason that I have a large bottle of ACF50 and several cans of WD40.

The rust in the fuel cap looks to me like it is run off from water running down the bolts. a squirt of WD to remove the water and a dose of ACF would sort that and this is probably what the shop means, although I doubt that they have been that polite about it. Not every dealer is lovely as my local shop.

Good luck arguing that it is a warranty issue, some dealers can be painfully difficult to sort stuff with. I am a bit surprised though, my other half's bike is about fifteen years old and has no signs of anything like that, but then it is garaged and covered in WD40 and ACF50.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-14, 08:42 AM   #10
Kenzie

They said that the paint coming off was caused by my wife hitting the filler cap with the fuel nozzle when filling up and wouldn't cover it. I think it was £100 or so for a new filler.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote