SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Mini-Twins Goto Minitwins Official Site

Old 03-10-11, 05:33 PM   #11
Berlin

Default Re: Supercorsa's - anything else on offer ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
does anybody run the Power Ones on track? i have two sets i was hoping to make use of? i stopped using them on the gix because that bike ate through them in a matter of a few sessions
I bet you had serious tearing on the rear
if you did you were running them too hard. I had a chat with a tyre fitter at Croft and he told be 21 psi hot so, in a crazy haze of madness I tried them at that at Cadwell with a 6 degree track and it was true. I actually ebnded up running them at 19psi hot and the wear was excellent. they were very sensitive to temperature changes during the day and you had to keep checking them and making sure they were within 1psi to prevent the tearing.

C
Old 03-10-11, 05:57 PM   #12
twowheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin View Post
I bet you had serious tearing on the rear
if you did you were running them too hard. I had a chat with a tyre fitter at Croft and he told be 21 psi hot so, in a crazy haze of madness I tried them at that at Cadwell with a 6 degree track and it was true. I actually ebnded up running them at 19psi hot and the wear was excellent. they were very sensitive to temperature changes during the day and you had to keep checking them and making sure they were within 1psi to prevent the tearing.

C

yeah i was running them at 22, fairly cool day too, not much over 15 degs. being dopey i had them at 28 hot when i turned up but the bike tried to spit me off coming out of coppice and then the next turn! i got the same numbers 22 from a tyre guy at donny and tried them it did make a big difference and they did stick well after that but they did just pretty much tear like a biatch yeah! admittedly i was riding the bike pretty hard and not using warmers! i just hope my SV doesn't eat them too quickly at cartagena!
Old 03-10-11, 07:40 PM   #13
sv4me
Mega Poster

Has anyone tried and would rate Bridgestone BT002s? I've gone through a set of Supercorsas in a few trackdays (am a racing virgin ) and was amazed by the levels of grip. Just wondered if the BTs would last any longer and not sacrifice grip.

Theres some deals on for 002s with the 003 out now, might take a punt
sv4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-11, 07:44 PM   #14
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsmith View Post
D211's/209's have rock hard carcasses and weigh about the same as a Roadsmart. The power ones depends on the compound; the A compound is soft and killable in a days racing. The B compound is a hard compound (possibly an endurance tyre)

Which continentals Luke?
There was an orger that did compete in minitwins on Conti road tyres
Race attacks
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-11, 08:20 PM   #15
Tim in Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv4me View Post
Has anyone tried and would rate Bridgestone BT002s? I've gone through a set of Supercorsas in a few trackdays (am a racing virgin ) and was amazed by the levels of grip. Just wondered if the BTs would last any longer and not sacrifice grip.

I used to use BT002/3s on the 750 on track, soft front medium rear. They worked great at the Ring (not too sensitive to heat cycling, there are no tyre warmers there) and a lot of the localish guys swore by them. They were fine on other short tracks (Zolder/Spa) but I was only doing TDs and not racing.
Old 04-10-11, 03:09 PM   #16
joolski

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv4me View Post

I have these on my GSXR750. I've been pretty impressed with them so far. They have done a few track days, and some road use and seem to stand up to some abuse and warm up reasonably quickly too.

However, having tried a set of supercorsa's on my race bike, they really are in a different league, in terms of grip.

--Jools
Old 04-10-11, 07:28 PM   #17
Tim in Belgium

Joolski, out of interest which BT002/003s have you on the road bike, are they the racing street version (RS) or or the compound version?
Old 05-10-11, 08:19 PM   #18
sv4me
Mega Poster

Thanks for the reviews guys, theyre only for d1cking round on trackdays at the minute so i'm sure they'll be more than upto the task. Think i'll get a pair, if I don't like them i'll go back to supercorsas. Still can't get over how **** hot they were
sv4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 08:16 AM   #19
joolski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim in Belgium View Post
Joolski, out of interest which BT002/003s have you on the road bike, are they the racing street version (RS) or or the compound version?
Hi Tim, I've got BT-003's on the bike.

--Jools
Old 10-10-11, 08:48 PM   #20
hardhat_harry

Just got a set of Dunlop Sportmax R's and a set Bridgestones to try out but its gonna be next year in the sun of Spain before I get to try them.

Only ever used Pirelli SuperCorsa's before.

Will let you know how they fare.......