SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 28-01-16, 03:28 PM   #2991
ophic
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTECUK View Post
OK Well hopefully one day man may evolve beyond the Dystopian society
By what mechanism? Evolution, survival-of-the-fittest etc never rewards being nice except to your own offspring - and in far too many cases humans fail even at that.
Old 28-01-16, 06:32 PM   #2992
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Yes but no longer is it the fittest...
Old 28-01-16, 08:47 PM   #2993
punyXpress
Mega Poster

Whole country's overrun with parasites!
Perhaps a double dose of worming tablets will free us of some of them?
I'm a bloke of simple pleasures ( & mind )
Old 29-01-16, 12:19 PM   #2994
ophic
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTECUK View Post
Yes but no longer is it the fittest...
So we won't evolve at all.
Old 29-01-16, 01:41 PM   #2995
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Hell maybe like the Dino's we had our time.
Old 29-01-16, 08:03 PM   #2996
DJ123
Mega Poster

DVLA.

Bought my new car in late November. V5 came through in December with my name spelt incorrectly. Dealership sent V5 off with a covering letter stating what needs to be corrected. DVLA resend the V5 to me with the same spelling mistake. After a swift phone call they assure me another will be sent out soon with my name spelt correctly.
Daft thing being my 1st name is the odd one, Job, and my surname is fairly normal. Yet they spelt my surname wrong . . . .

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-16, 09:54 PM   #2997
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Speaking of DVLA mess ups. I have been going online to SORN the bike I bought 4 weeks ago. First time, 2 days after I bought it. It stated it's already SORN so no need to use this service. I guessed it was just the change of owner details taking time so left it a week. Again it said the same thing. The new V5 came through with my details, so I did it again with same results "already SORN". Left it a while more and checked again 2 days ago. Same result. Then today I get a letter saying the bike will be impounded unless I SORN it or tax it. Tried the website again.. "already SORN" message comes up again.

So.. phoned the help number and there's a glitch in the system. Previous owners SORN has not been erased, so I can't SORN it under my ownership. But if I don't then yes it is serious and they will take action! If it's not done in January it'll be a problem as it will be an unaccounted for month where it's neither taxed or SORNed under my ownership!? So I'll be at fault!

So, it now appears to be my responsibility to write a letter explaining their mistake to them so it can be passed on to someone to manually resolve it as the computer system can't over-ride it itself.

They even went as far as to suggest I should tax it as that's the only way out of the situation!

Wondering how they could impound it if it's in my garage, locked up on private property?
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-16, 10:05 PM   #2998
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
Speaking of DVLA mess ups. I have been going online to SORN the bike I bought 4 weeks ago. First time, 2 days after I bought it. It stated it's already SORN so no need to use this service. I guessed it was just the change of owner details taking time so left it a week. Again it said the same thing. The new V5 came through with my details, so I did it again with same results "already SORN". Left it a while more and checked again 2 days ago. Same result. Then today I get a letter saying the bike will be impounded unless I SORN it or tax it. Tried the website again.. "already SORN" message comes up again.

So.. phoned the help number and there's a glitch in the system. Previous owners SORN has not been erased, so I can't SORN it under my ownership. But if I don't then yes it is serious and they will take action! If it's not done in January it'll be a problem as it will be an unaccounted for month where it's neither taxed or SORNed under my ownership!? So I'll be at fault!

So, it now appears to be my responsibility to write a letter explaining their mistake to them so it can be passed on to someone to manually resolve it as the computer system can't over-ride it itself.

They even went as far as to suggest I should tax it as that's the only way out of the situation!

Wondering how they could impound it if it's in my garage, locked up on private property?
That's absolutely pathetic! They really should be embarrassed something like that is even possible on their system. At the very minimum the phone agent should have the power to fix the glitch there and then
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-16, 06:55 AM   #2999
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S View Post
That's absolutely pathetic! They really should be embarrassed something like that is even possible on their system. At the very minimum the phone agent should have the power to fix the glitch there and then
Agreed that its pathetic, but the person at the end of the phone is working in a call centre, and won't have any power to fix a glitch in the system, thats an IT/programming issue.

Thats the problem of having online stuff, if the system isn't set up in the first place to deal with change of ownership and SORN it'll fall over. If they impound my vehicle, id take them to court, although id make sure i had evidence of this issue.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-16, 10:09 AM   #3000
maviczap
Mega Poster

Lost £50 in cash on Wed, got the money out of the cash machine, went into the shop, bought some sweets, but paid on my card.

Got my wallet out on Thursday to pay for a meal, no cash in my wallet. Don't think I left it in the cashpoint, as it would show on my statement.

So must have dropped it somewhere? Which is odd, as I usually stuff my money straight into my wallet when I go to the cash point
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote