SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 12-07-16, 11:16 PM   #321
madcockney

Default Re: EU Referendum

I wonder how many of those that voted remain outside of Scotland will now migrate across the border if Scotland does manage to stay in the EU. I was actually surprised at how many in Wales voted for Brexit.
madcockney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-16, 11:43 PM   #322
Bibio
Mega Poster

Scotland cant stay in the EU unless it goes independent and even then its no guarantee Scotland would be welcome. i know Spain would say no for a start due to their political shenanigans.

there has been a steady influx of English born citizens moving the the Highlands of Scotland. this is evident when i go up north as a lot of the cafe's, hotels and petrol stations are run by English. due to this the population of the highlands is increasing which is a good thing as its helping Scotland's economy. i wonder how many would sell up and move north if Scotland were to go independent.

even where i stay there has been a huge influx of English over the past 10 years and even more so in the past 3. i hear more English born dialects than i hear polish or other EU citizens.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-16, 08:31 AM   #323
ophic
Mega Poster

It makes sense if Scotland somehow manages to stay in or rejoin the EU. Many businesses would prefer to stay in the EU and Scotland would be a much easier migration than to France or Germany.
Old 13-07-16, 12:14 PM   #324
madcockney

I know that part of the discussion is that, according to some, Scotland sells or does more business with the rest of the UK, probably mainly England, than the rest of the EU.
madcockney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-16, 01:04 PM   #325
Bibio
Mega Poster

Scotland's main export to the rest of the UK is pastoral farming, spirits and at this time of year berries. most of this is sold to the domestic market and the excess is sent elsewhere in the UK apart from spirits which are sold on the global market. arable farming is a bit of give and take with the rest of the UK.

Last edited by Bibio; 13-07-16 at 01:05 PM.
Old 27-07-16, 02:44 PM   #326
Bibio
Mega Poster

so now that the brexit bunch have won and there has been a cabinet reshuffle whats stopping them signing article 50? stop fekin about and get on with it. you got what you wanted so whats the problem. if they are thinking that there will be any bargaining from the EU about it then they are bigger fools than a court jester of old.

the public who the politicians are servants of have voted and told you what to do.

anybody else see a u-turn ahead....
Old 27-07-16, 03:10 PM   #327
timwilky
Mega Poster

I was on the train from Preston to Blackpool on Saturday morning, when about 20 lads from north of the border got into our already busy carriage. They were obviously out for a good time and indulging in a liquid breakfast.

One of them turns to our group and asks in a somewhat loud argumentative tone. Did any of you vote for brexit!

I know the group I was with, had also had a liquid breakfast and that they would give him an honest answer and feared the worse. "What if we did" came the reply.

"Good on you". Don't think that Sturgeon speaks for Scotland, We voted to stay in the UK, We voted to get the f*** out of Europe, and we never voted for that damn woman in the first place!

Nice chaps, even passed a few bottles our way.
Old 27-07-16, 03:29 PM   #328
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
I was on the train from Preston to Blackpool on Saturday morning, when about 20 lads from north of the border got into our already busy carriage. They were obviously out for a good time and indulging in a liquid breakfast.

One of them turns to our group and asks in a somewhat loud argumentative tone. Did any of you vote for brexit!

I know the group I was with, had also had a liquid breakfast and that they would give him an honest answer and feared the worse. "What if we did" came the reply.

"Good on you". Don't think that Sturgeon speaks for Scotland, We voted to stay in the UK, We voted to get the f*** out of Europe, and we never voted for that damn woman in the first place!

Nice chaps, even passed a few bottles our way.
yes we voted to stay with the UK, no we voted to stay in the EU, well guess what Sturgeon does speak for Scotland like it or not just like Theresa May speaks for the whole of the UK now and she wasn't voted in.

oohhh and btw we are not all kilt wearing, whisky drinking, argumentative, ginger individuals up here, some of us can be civilised

i can see a u-turn happening and Sturgeon being the scape goat along with the Scottish public. i sincerely hope not.
Old 27-07-16, 03:47 PM   #329
garynortheast
Mega Poster

This (and the associated links in the article) is worth a read within the context of the vote to leave Europe. https://medium.com/@theonlytoby/hist...714#.4y9q4y855
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-16, 05:10 PM   #330
AlexAdams

The referendum is not legally binding. Thankfully.