SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-11-22, 05:18 PM   #10851
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

We are #1.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-G...The-World.html

"I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the oil companies, the government, brexit and Putin for allowing us to get this exalted honour".*

* sarcasm
Old 18-11-22, 09:37 PM   #10852
Craig380
Mega Poster

World-beating yet again!
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-22, 07:40 PM   #10853
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Why does the app for my car's dashcam only work if I turn off the mobile data BEOFRE I open the app? Had a kit fitted to Lady Poppy's car today and managed to get the app working on her phone once home again but you have to disable mobile data on her phone too. Barmy. And her elderly Nokia 5 won't play the video clips so if something does happen she'll have to wait to get the memory card home before she can view them. FFS.

I think Blackvue has optimised the app for fruit-based phones and not Droids, as the fitter's phone hooked straight in without switching anything off first and could not believe I had to jump through so many hoops just to connect to something that should be click and play.
Old 23-11-22, 10:18 PM   #10854
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Just to **** you off, my Nextbase connects to my Android phone no bother :
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-22, 05:45 PM   #10855
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
Just to **** you off, my Nextbase connects to my Android phone no bother :
I'm convinced Blackvue are doing it on purpose

My GOTD is the shockingly bad way the NEC treats bikers that arrive by car. Today I was forced into the furthest away car South carpark, itself annoying. Why can't we use the three empty car parks I had to walk past on my 15 minute hike to the show halls? And when I decided to leave and it was pouring with rain, the shuttle busses all decided to take people to the East carparks and ignored the growing queue at the South busstop. When the sixth bus in a row stopped at the East busstop, and I could see the driver laughing at us (I'd been waiting almost 30 mins by this point), several of us all said sod it, and walked. My jeans were still wet when I got home two hours later.
Old 24-11-22, 06:40 PM   #10856
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
I'm convinced Blackvue are doing it on purpose

My GOTD is the shockingly bad way the NEC treats bikers that arrive by car. Today I was forced into the furthest away car South carpark, itself annoying. Why can't we use the three empty car parks I had to walk past on my 15 minute hike to the show halls? And when I decided to leave and it was pouring with rain, the shuttle busses all decided to take people to the East carparks and ignored the growing queue at the South busstop. When the sixth bus in a row stopped at the East busstop, and I could see the driver laughing at us (I'd been waiting almost 30 mins by this point), several of us all said sod it, and walked. My jeans were still wet when I got home two hours later.
That's one of the reasons I stopped going to the bike show. Car park charges were always a ripoff too.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 24-11-22, 06:47 PM   #10857
admin
John T
Mega Poster

As a past blood donor I regularly get emails asking for urgent donations. Had another one today, so logged on and there's no available appointment between now and March at my location.

This happens every time, so it's not an isolated incident.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 25-11-22, 01:47 PM   #10858
Seeker
Mega Poster

♫ Nothing Rusts...

...Like a Bosch ♫

My 2 year old Bosch fridge/freezer has developed rust at the base of the freezer handle. The handle is inset into the door and a plastic piece is pushed into the indent. I think someone struggled to push the insert into position during manufacturing and used a tool to persuade it to go in, damaging the enamel.

Bosch thinks I used a harsh abrasive despite me telling them I've only used soapy water. We do have hard water here (j/k).

Their answer is to sell me some touch up paint for £24. I declined.
Old 25-11-22, 01:58 PM   #10859
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
I went in the garage this morning to take the bins out and the chest freezer alarm light was on! I opened it up and it was certainly warmer than it should be, but everything still frozen thankfully. I've transferred all the expensive stuff to the smaller indoor freezer to save it, but loads of vegetables still in there. There's no room in the smaller freezer for anything else, so it the freezer dies, so does the food.

I had a fiddle with the 'powerfreeze' button and the thermostat in case that was stuck and I hear the compressor running now. Fingers crossed it is working again and the high temp alarm was due to the lid not being closed properly

I'm not too bothered about the freezer dying if it does, its the waste of food and money it causes that would upset me. I've had that freezer 20 years, so it doesn't owe me anything.
Seeker's post reminded me. The freezer did die, but most of the food was distributed amongst children and neighbours so only two packets of spinach were lost. The gripe is cleaning out smelly green spinnach water out of the carcass after forgetting to do it for a week!
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-22, 10:39 AM   #10860
Seeker
Mega Poster

My smart meter is informing me that I have exceeded my weekly budget. I didn't know I had one. Oops.
I'm assuming it means I have used more than the monthly amount I pay Bulb/Octopus (whoever's in charge) and the house is still only 64°F.

I read that most cavity wall insulation is only guaranteed for 25 years. Mine must be at least that old so I've contacted a company to see if can be topped up or removed and replaced. I think mine is a rockwool type.

Anyone had theirs changed?