SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 15-05-24, 08:24 AM   #4111
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: The All New Megathread

Morning all. Weird weather here; sunny out the front, black as the ace of spades out the back. Weather forecast overall is pretty good but I'll be stuck in a meeting this morning and sat looking at someone's computer this afternoon.

I'm supposed to be retired!
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-24, 08:15 PM   #4112
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Hope the weather is kinder than it's forecast to be John. Enjoy your trip away.
We got off lightly on the weather. Back now. Couldn't believe how many 50 limits on the M1, roadworks that went on for too many miles with nothing much happening. I thought they'd put a stop to that after the M6 fiasco many years ago.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 17-05-24, 10:09 PM   #4113
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Hello from Essex - visiting The Monkey.

The roadworks on the M25 around Potters Bar on the clockwise were a massive holdup. Miles of cones and crawling traffic but no sign of any work site, let alone people doing any work... Added half an hour to our journey. So irritating.
Old 19-05-24, 08:18 AM   #4114
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Morning all. Another glorious day here. If it wasn't a Sunday we'd head out on the bike, but I don't fancy sharing the roads with all the Sunday Numpties so I'll get on with the veg garden instead today. The weather forecast for the next few days is looking tolerably good so maybe a ride out tomorrow or Tuesday.

What's everyone else up to?
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-24, 10:07 AM   #4115
redtrummy

Heading up North to meet sis and her extended family for a meal (Monyash)- did intend to use the bike (at last) but too long in the garden yesterday and a 10 mile walk the day before has left me jaded. Dont like riding it unless I feel 100%
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-24, 11:43 AM   #4116
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Back home again. Had a lovely day out yesterday exploring the villages just upstream from Flatford (as in The Haywain) and found a very nice Tiptree Tearoom for lunch in Dedham. Lady Poppy and the Monkey then rented a rowboat for a while leaving me and potential SIL Jim hunting for geocaches.

Thankfully a much easier journey home and with lovely weather here today I shall mow the lawn before tinkering in the greenhouse.
Old 19-05-24, 03:41 PM   #4117
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Morning all. Another glorious day here. If it wasn't a Sunday we'd head out on the bike, but I don't fancy sharing the roads with all the Sunday Numpties so I'll get on with the veg garden instead today. The weather forecast for the next few days is looking tolerably good so maybe a ride out tomorrow or Tuesday.

What's everyone else up to?
Yes lots of Sunday drivers on the road today and even a lot of Sunday riders! I overtook a lot of bikes today bimbling along behind car drivers at 45mph. They seem reluctant to overtake cars for some reason.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 19-05-24, 08:44 PM   #4118
redtrummy

It was great to meet my wonderful nieces and great nieces, been a long time since we last saw them, that was the good part, but the road traffic was crazy, glad I didn't use the bike. Then on starting the return journey I noticed part of the cars wing mirror missing, looks as if its been prised off. Then, on the main road heading homeward we came upon the aftermath of a crash involving a m/cyclist, that was upsetting in itself, so overall when we arrived home we were not in the best frame of mind.
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-24, 07:29 AM   #4119
Craig380
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
I overtook a lot of bikes today bimbling along behind car drivers at 45mph. They seem reluctant to overtake cars for some reason.
I regularly get the same. Yes, sometimes it's nice to chill and enjoy the view but there are plenty of opportunities to do that when you can't overtake because of oncoming traffic etc.
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-24, 08:15 AM   #4120
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig380 View Post
I regularly get the same. Yes, sometimes it's nice to chill and enjoy the view but there are plenty of opportunities to do that when you can't overtake because of oncoming traffic etc.
I wasn't going crazy, just 60-70 ish. It seems that years ago the reverse was true, I'd be keeping to the left as the Fireblade boys came storming through.
I'm not comfortable when I'm being followed by another bike, so I usually move to the left and signal that I'm happy for the other chap to overtake that way there's no misunderstanding to avoid an incident.

Sent from my moto g(50) using Tapatalk