SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Racing and Paddock Chat The latest news, talk, and gossip from the world of bike racing, you can also discuss track days here too.

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-06, 01:50 PM   #991
tricky

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr
get a dvd recorder.
We've just got one with a 250Gb hard drive, absolutley fantastic.
Just go to "Guide" and click the program you want to record !
If its a good race archive it off to DVD

Old 05-09-06, 09:04 PM   #992
tricky

Only watched the first few laps of race 2, what happened with Haga/Toseland/Corser ?

It looked like Corser collided with Haga off the line and then had some kind of coming together with JT on the first corner. i've watched it slow-mo a few times but still can't work out what happened as Corser going down is just out of shot.

Old 06-09-06, 05:18 PM   #993
kwak zzr

dunno whats up with corser he used to be the man but this year he's not the same at all

Old 08-09-06, 07:45 AM   #994
Peter Henry

Malaysian Moto GP race from Sepang this weekend boys and girls! So an early get up for those Race Couch Potatoes like me!

I am a little curious, the lap times for FP1 and FP2 do not mention Valentino anywhere? I cant figure this as there is no mention that he has fallen on the Moto GP web site?

BTW a certain pocket rocket of the Italian kind who rides something rather red and sexy has really hit the ground running, he Casey and Dani are the only one's to break 2 mins 3 seconds for a lap.

Old 08-09-06, 08:03 AM   #995
H62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
Malaysian Moto GP race from Sepang this weekend boys and girls! So an early get up for those Race Couch Potatoes like me!

I am a little curious, the lap times for FP1 and FP2 do not mention Valentino anywhere? I cant figure this as there is no mention that he has fallen on the Moto GP web site?

BTW a certain pocket rocket of the Italian kind who rides something rather red and sexy has really hit the ground running, he Casey and Dani are the only one's to break 2 mins 3 seconds for a lap.
Peter
I watched a bit of the second practice this morning on Eurosport, there was 35 mins remaining when I left and Rossi was in second place. They commented that he had gone a second quicker than in first practice. Pedrosa was quickest at that point.

Combined times courtesy of crash net.

Full MotoGP free practice times (1 and 2 combined) from the Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang, round thirteen of the 2006 world championship.

Dani Pedrosa dominated the first half of the session, before a nasty highside left him in the medical centre. More to follow...

1 Loris Capirossi ITA Ducati Marlboro Team 2min 1.711 secs
2 Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team 2min 2.021 secs
3 Kenny Roberts Jr USA Team Roberts 2min 2.563 secs
4 John Hopkins USA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 2min 2.710 secs
5 Casey Stoner AUS Honda LCR 2min 2.847 secs *
6 Makoto Tamada JPN Konica Minolta Honda 2min 2.918 secs
7 Valentino Rossi ITA Camel Yamaha Team 2min 2.970 secs
8 Sete Gibernau SPA Ducati Marlboro Team 2min 2.981 secs
9 Marco Melandri ITA Fortuna Honda 2min 3.049 secs *
10 Shinya Nakano JPN Kawasaki Racing Team 2min 3.100 secs
11 Nicky Hayden USA Repsol Honda Team 2min 3.174 secs *
12 Colin Edwards USA Camel Yamaha Team 2min 3.355 secs
13 Randy de Puniet FRA Kawasaki Racing Team 2min 3.418 secs
14 Chris Vermeulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 2min 3.432 secs
15 Carlos Checa SPA Tech 3 Yamaha 2min 3.706 secs
16 Toni Elias SPA Fortuna Honda 2min 3.908 secs
17 Alex Hofmann GER Pramac d'Antin MotoGP 2min 4.706 secs
18 James Ellison GBR Tech 3 Yamaha 2min 5.403 secs
19 Jose Luis Cardoso SPA Pramac d'Antin MotoGP 2min 5.958 secs

* time set in first session.

Old 08-09-06, 09:45 AM   #996
Peter Henry

H62....Nice one fella. I think whom ever inputted the info on Moto GP must have been suffering jet lag and overlooked Valentino! Glad he is ok.

However my little Spanish boy has apparently suffered quite a heavy fall and is very doubtful for the weekend.

However that once again provides a very interesting twist to this roller coaster season!

Old 08-09-06, 10:18 AM   #997
H62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
However my little Spanish boy has apparently suffered quite a heavy fall and is very doubtful for the weekend.
Just seen Dani's crash from his on board camera that looked nasty.

Toby commented that it looked like Dani hit the ground with his knee which caused the bike to whip round and highside him off. This might also explain the reports that he was receiving stiches to his right knee.

Hope he is well enough to race on Sunday.

Old 08-09-06, 01:56 PM   #998
Peter Henry

Ouch! I have now seen how the little fella was thrown way up in the air during that old fashioned two stroke high side! He actually landed front facing down on his knees. Dani though seems to think the deep cut to his knee happened when the bike first let go of grip and dropped to the right before flinging off like beligerent mule would do a child!

Old 08-09-06, 07:11 PM   #999
The Basket

Kenny jnr has been at the fast pills again.

talk about having a second wind!

If Dani is unfit then Rossi is in with a shout...espesh if Capirex can take points away from Hayden...I think Capirex could be a deciding factor in the remaining races....

Old 08-09-06, 09:09 PM   #1000
kwak zzr

the last few races are going to be ace, have you noticed with wsb that everyone is trying to get good results to secure a good ride next year i mean where did xaus come from? and walker? and nieto? and in moto edwards needs to try and secure his camel ride for next year.

Closed Thread